• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

should we each start a new thread, or ?

brd

Reaction score
Howdy! I live near Ft. Worth deep in the heart of the Metroplex. I ride a 97 VFR, which I've had since November, but I actually know Scott(tourmeister) from the Triumph Sport Riders Assoc. Previous bike was a 99 Sprint ST. Been riding 6 years and I'm 28 now.

I mostly do day rides with a good number of weekend rides and one or two week or longer trips per year. Tomorrow (well, later today, actually) I'm doing my first ever track riding of any kind, a sort of open track day at Texas Motor Speedway (ft. worth) put on by www.sportbikehype.com Should be interesting.

Good to see a non-brand/model motorcyclist board for Texans with a Sport Touring slant.

Brian Duelm
Euless, TX

Start a new thread?

Howdy Brian,

Well, it probably would not hurt. If you just make it a reply, it will eventually be so far down the list, it is unlikely it will ever be seen. Although, replies will reflag a read topic as unread, so maybe it doesn't matter :? I'll leave it to each person to do what they want for now.

So... where are the pics of the VFR?! And why the heck are you always up so late like I am? Don't you have a real job? :lol:

Adios,

Re: Start a new thread?

Tourmeister said:
Howdy Brian,

So... where are the pics of the VFR?! And why the heck are you always up so late like I am? Don't you have a real job? :lol:

I still don't have a job, real or otherwise. So far as I can tell, the programmer supply up here isn't decreasing any. :( Not that I am much less of a night owl when I am employed.

Hrm, I think the only pictures I have of the bike online ATM are http://www.pbase.com/brd/bike_trips And I now have an "avatar." :)

Brian Duelm
Euless, TX

Trip Pics

Hey Brian,

I checked out the Big Ben pics. They really make me want to head down there! Would you mind of I scammed a few of them for use on my websites and this forum? By the way, the Hawk pic is awesome :twisted:

Adios,

Hey Brian. Nice pics of the Talimena Scenic Byway. I make that run a couple of times a year since its just about an hour and half from me. Let me know if you ever make the trip again and I'll tag along with you.

talimena

Cirus said:
Hey Brian. Nice pics of the Talimena Scenic Byway. I make that run a couple of times a year since its just about an hour and half from me. Let me know if you ever make the trip again and I'll tag along with you.

Will do, Cirus. I don't get up there near as often as I'd like. The 2 times I've gone now I've done it as a day ride, which is a pretty long day from the metroplex--generally 6-700 miles. I think next time I'll get there around noon and set up a campsite at the state park there or somewhere around Mena and just run that road back and forth until it gets dark, stay the night, zoom the byway a few more times in the morning and head home.

Yea, a day ride is pretty long even from where I'm at. The last time I was there I stayed in Talihina, Oklahoma and met some guys from OSBRO from up in Tulsa. They were camped in Talimena State Park which was just a few miles up the road at the entrance to the byway. I may take the VFR up there in a month or so once I get it broke in.

Running in Arkansas

Howdy,

I'll be heading up in May for two full days of riding. I'll be hitting the best roads in the area North of Hotsprings.

Adios,

Back