• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interceptor - Jim Huber in Spring

Reaction score
As you might guess from my username, I ride an Interceptor; a '98 VFR800 to be exact. I've also had an SV650, SV650S, Bandit 1200S, Sprint ST, and briefly even a Vulcan Nomad heavy cruiser. I've been to 15 states on a motorcycle, both east and west, and 47 states total. I've also been to the MSF BRC and ERC, and levels 1 and 2 of California Superbike School. My wife also has a motorcycle license, but crashed just before getting pregnant for our second kid, so she mostly rides pillion now.

My wife tried and failed, two months in the hospital with rods in her legs and a plate in her wrist. She's got a touch of athritis now, not much into riding. Tough thing, your wife in a wreck, especially when you're watching.

I have an SV650S. I like to tour, also, though I haven't been to that many states. I have an old Wing I pile the miles on touring. So, where HAVEN'T you been in the lower 48? LOL

I haven't been to Nevada, Alaska, or Hawaii yet. I almost made it to Nevada in 2002 while touring Utah on a Bandit 1200S, but Utah was too much fun to leave and I'd rather not just hop over to Vegas to say I've been there. I'd prefer to ride across US50 through NV if I get a chance.

Back