• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rider down and out on FM149

Fangs

Reaction score
:( This morning approx 0900 stopped for gas at texaco 105 and 149, rode past King's and didn't see anyone so continued north to Richards, before exiting town of Montgomery was passed by Tex state trooper in big hurry with lights and siren.

I continued north on 149 approx 1 to 2 miles east of Richards saw what was the big event on south side of road next to fence, one of our brother bikers down and covered completely with blanket. It appeared to be single vehicle accident. Didn't get a name, was too upset. Our fallen brother was on what appeared to be red 600-1000 sportbike, couldn't tell what make.

I was on silver/gray busa w black helment if anybody saw me. I'm as guility as anyone for exceeding speed limit, doing things you shouldn't. I'm 45 years old and have survived riding on dirt and street since I was 15 years old but still realize it could be any of us in the downed riders place.

Seeing this today is so disturbing. Please be careful out riding as it only takes a fraction of a second for something bad to happen.

Keith

That's terrible. :( Whereabouts around Richards did it happen exactly? My grandparents live in Richards and the curve in front of their house claims bikers all the time. No bike fatalities as of yet, but plenty of injuries. It usually gets them when heading from Anderson into Richards. Ride saf out there guys. You can never be too careful.

This is very sad. I hope it was not Scott or Raul, or any other guys from TWT or HSN.

We all know how dangerous our sport is but it really hits home when you see it first hand. I have seen at least three sport bike wrecks on 149 but never one this bad. Come to think of it they were all at the first good curve outside of Montgomery.

My prayers go to his family. A son/brother/husband/father will not be coming home from his ride.

:tab DPS does not have a name as of yet. They are waiting for the officer on the scene to complete the accident report. All they can tell me right now is that is was a fatality accident. I'll be checking back with them later in the day and will let you know as soon as I find out anything.

Adios,

:tab It was NOT Vittorio. We were worried because his bike is predominantly red and he was in the area this morning. He has checked in. He came upong the scene about 10:00am. He did not get a name but said the bike looked like a red/white Interceptor. I'll be calling the DPS back soon and pestering them for a name. Tomoko did not ride this morning so she is fine.

Adios,

Accident on 149

Some of what I posted on the HSN

"1st, thank you all for your concern and for the phone calls. Fortunately it was not me or Tomoko that were involved. Unfortunately one of our follow riders is now missing. All I can say is that when I happened on the scene at 10:30, I saw a motorcycle that looked like a mid 90s Interceptor or VFR. It appeared to have been a two tone white & red motorcycle.

My condolences go out to the family of the rider and my thoughts are with him."

Scott did you by chance hear from Mark of the Hodges trip? Is he not the owner of an Interceptor?

Ride safe ride free

Vittorio

:tab Mark posted earlier today about tomorrow's bike night. So I don't think it was him.

Adios,

Accident on 149

Glad to hear it was not Mark. Just wanted to add that the accident actually happened on the southbound lane of 149 in between Richards and the entrance to the forest right after you pass the church at the intersection. The bike seemed to have hit a street sign on a relatively straight piece of 149.

I was not able to see more since the scene was busy w/ DPS officers and vehicles.

Ride safe ride free

Vittorio

:tab Mark posted about 8:30am, so it could possibly be him. I don't have a phone number here at work for him. I'll be calling as soon as I get home!

Adios,

According to the DPS dispatch, it was indeed Mark Eggers.

DSC00196.jpg

He is survived by his wife and son. If I get any details I will let you know.

Adios,

My heart and sincerest condolences go out to Mark and his family. I never got to meet him face to face, but through our e-mails he seemed like a very nice guy. I'm sure he will be deeply missed. Please keep us posted if you find out anymore info Scott.

Are you sure on the ID Scott?
Man, I just saw him Sun @ the MotoGP viewing...... :(

Mark

It is with deep sorrow and fond memories of the ride that we all took to Hodges that I wish to express my sincerest condolences his family. He was great person to talk to and ride with.

Ride free Mark.

Vittorio

Are you sure on the ID Scott?

According to Vittorio, it was a red/white early model Interceptor that he saw on the side of the road. According to the DPS dispatcher I spoke with, the last name was Eggers. I've been trying to contact Kimberly (wife) but only get the answering machine. There may be a very slight chance it is not him, but I would not count on it. His last post here was this morning around 8:20am. Had he left home shortly after that, it would have put him at the accident scene right around 9:00am. Sounds nuts, but I sure hope he was having a great ride up to that point.

I will try to find out what we can do to help Kimberly and his son. Also, any info I can get about memorial services will be posted here as well. I'm gonna miss him. Fun guy!

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
There may be a very slight chance it is not him, but I would not count on it.

I truly hope by some miracle its not Mark, but for whoever it is, I am truly sorry. Like Chris, I have never met Mark, but has been a great guy here on this site and seemed like a real good guy.

All my simpathies go to the family of whoever the unlucky rider was. :(

Kim and I also extend our deepest sympathies to Mark's family and friends. Like many of you here, we did not have the pleasure of meeting Mark in person, but we feel many of you are our extended friends and we enjoy all of the friendly dialog on this site. It is always a shock when something like this happens.

Folks PLEASE be careful out there.

Scott, let us know what we can do to help Mark's wife and son.

Pete and Kim

Back