• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A Starter Bike for Sara?

I believe an news update is in order :wink: C'mon... give us details!

Adios,

A clean Interceptor 500 would make a good starter bike as well if you can find one. Clean ones usually go for the top of the used bike value bracket if not a little more because they have somewhat of a cult following as well. Not as big as the Hawk's following, but they're still popular. The bike is a blast to ride and due to the lack of huge amounts of low end torque, pretty easy to learn on as well. If you keep the bike below 7000-8000 rpm(most riding conditions), it doesn't really build enough of a head of steam to scare anyone. If you crank it above that, it starts to build more power and then you look down at the speedometer and you're surprised that the little bike can go fast enough keep up with newer/more powerful hardware. The ergonomics of the bike are very conservative by today's standards and would be pretty similar to an SV650 or a Ninja 500. I was looking at Hawks, Ninja 500s, SV650s, etc. when I found my Interceptor. I love the little bike so much, I don't think I'll ever sell it. Too much fun to ride even after I've gotten bigger and more powerful hardware. :) Good luck and keep us posted. I want to see some pics of the new bike! :-D

atxvfr said:
The brake pads have less than 5,000 miles on them. The tires have good tread. The asking prices is $2,800. I have some pictures that I will post as soon as I get them from my friend.

I WANT that bike... I MUST have that bike... I'll do ANYTHING for that bike!! If it matters... I have a tank...

Hey Sara,

:tab You still out there? Still riding the Ninja or have you already moved up to something else? Speak up stranger!

Adios,

Back