• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

viffer-bago pics

brd

Reaction score
Here's some pics of my givi wingrack and bags that I got last week.
http://www.pbase.com/brd/givi

I did a 1000 mile trip to Arkansas with them this past weekend, and they worked great. No issues with headshake, buffeting, or anything. I had them loaded down pretty good, but cranked the rear preload up a good bit and the front preload up a little and couldn't even tell they were back there, and I did quite a lot of twisty-carving up there in the Ozarks. :mrgreen:

They're not the prettiest set-up in the world, but if I really cared a lot about that, I wouldn't have bought them. Also, the wingrack comes off by undoing 4 nuts, takes maybe 5 mins.

Overall, very well-made, solid, affordable, and extremely useful. I highly recommend them.

I could not agree more! I love the GIVI stuff. I seldom, if ever, go riding without my topcase. Best of all, I never even think about it being back there. Top notch stuff!

Adios,

Well, since the races were rained out, did you just ride all weekend? What roads did you hit? Got pics? C'mon, fess up! ;-)

Adios,

Brian,

Would mind my asking what a setup like that costs..ballpark? Also where did you order from? I've been thinking about a hardbag setup and I really like what you've got there.

Elliot,

I got my GIVI setup for my VFR800 for around $650. I have an E50 topcase, two E360's and the wingrackII. I bought them from AZ motosports. The give VFR listers a 10% discount if you tell them in the comments section of your order that you are a list member. It may seem like a lot of money, but it is well worth it!!

Like Scott, I got mine from azmotorsports and got the 10% vfrlist discount. I put in the comments section on my order that I was a listmember, but still had to email and remind them before I got the discount.

My setup was around $750. That's for the mounting kit, wingrack2, 2 e360s, an e52 maxia (with built in brakelights option--really cool), a backrest pad, and also a rack that can go on top of the topbox (for extreme luggage needs, like 2-up camping).

I also second what Scott said about it being worth the money. ****, I paid $750 on my Sprint just for a rack + topbox. The givis are not as pretty as the Triumph luggage, but they're more waterproof and can be transferred to pretty much any other bike, so I see it as a lifetime investment.

Hmmmm....Penske shock or hardbags. Why did noone tell me that the purchase of the motorcycle itself is merely the beginning of a long slow, seemingly endless draining of the bank account for necessary accessories? :D

HAHAHAHAHA.... Man I remember rationalizing my first bike purchase. "Uh... It will only be $2250 for the bike and then a few hundred for a helmet, fiftey bucks for some gloves, couple hundred more for a jacket and I'm good to go... say three grand for whole thing... yeah I can do that!" Don't even ask how much I have spent since that day! Consider yourself lucky if the draining is slow. I seem to have stepped out onto a very steep and slippery slope... :lol:

Back