• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

$4000 for a picture

On the private site, it says they made it to their destination :mrgreen: so yay:rider:

the pubic shared pages still didn't work...even when I created a new one..sorry:giveup:

still moving...hehehe

um...I should say they made it to where the planned route noted a stop was...lol...it could very well be that they decided to stop somewhere else....don't go by what I say, I wasn't in on the planning and not privy to the details

Last edited:
maybe we need another linky?

drat...can't get it to work like that

so, from what I can tell they were stopped for a little bit but are on the move again...lol. The spot shared pages weren't working but maybe they will fix themselves.

it's working again...yay!

CADS trip

......Are we there yet? This yellow duffel bag is getting cramped......:rider:

Of course it's cramped. Apparently you have a laptop in there with you and WiFi opportunities enroute.

BTW No Ed, you're not there yet..................:lol2:

Guess I better get in on this thread before I miss the whole thing.

:popcorn:

Ok Mollie, when you talk to Brian, tell him to start posting pictures pronto!!! I've heard so much about Banff National Park, I can't wait to see what photos he may have taken...

LOL....bossy much?

I know they haven't stopped anywhere where they have internet yet. Bryan had to make plans to have electricity last night....lol. I'm sure he'll more than make up for the lack of pics and updates later....I'm not worried on that score.

Well, looks like they just spent an hour at Toad River and are headed to Muncho Lake. They're getting into some beautiful territory if my memory serves me correctly. The lake is a blueish-green water too.

Hello from the Yukon!

320143754_B45qH-M.jpg

We are in Watson Lake, Yukon today. Let me see if I can catch you up....

The trip up here was long, of course, and we were all ready to get out of the truck and get on the bikes. Day one riding took us from Calgary through Banff and Jasper National Parks. As Bill put it, the American Rockies have nothing on this place. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such picturesque mountains in my life, and I’ve seem a lot of mountains! We stopped in Jasper N.P. at the Columbia Ice Fields (see photo above), and we even saw three grizzly bears by the side of the road. We camped in a small roadside campground about 20 miles or so outside of Jasper.

Day two took us to the start of the Alaska-Canada Highway (ALCAN). Along the way, we saw a moose cow and calf cross the road - these are some HUGE animals. We also saw a few more black bears. We had lunch in Grand Prairie at Tim Horton’s - a Canadian institution. It’s a chain all over Canada, and it is awesome! I think most of us had the chili combo, with chili, a bun, and a donut for dessert. Today the immensity of what we are doing really hit me. The distances up here are so huge and the time it will take is so long, that it’s a bit overwhelming. Along the ALCAN there are places where you can get a long view of 20 or 30 miles, and you see nothing but trees everywhere you look. There’s not a sign of humans anywhere except the road you are on. At the end of the day we camped in a little place called Pink Mountain.

Day three was the hardest for me. I think I hit the fatigue wall and I’m just worn out. We are now almost a full day ahead of schedule. We continued up the ALCAN to Watson Lake, entering the Rockies again further north. There are sections of road repairs where there’s some gravel and rough spots, but it wasn’t too bad. To the wildlife list we can add more black bears, bighorn sheep, wild buffalo standing in the middle of the road, and a young bull moose. We rode in mist and rain for a good part of the day, enjoyed some great twisty roads (fun even in the wet), and stopped for lunch in Toad River. That didn’t sit well with me, so I’m staying in a motel tonight in Watson Lake and the others are camping just down the road.

That’s all for now. Wish I had more photos to show, but I’ too tired to edit them, and I haven’t had a chance to do that at camp yet - so far it's all I can do to get myself fed and charge camera batteries. There is lot’s more to tell, but much of it will have to wait until we are home. I think what we'll do when we get back is start a new thread for the full ride reports. So this one we'll use for posting from the road. Thanks for following us along everyone! It means a lot that you guys are pulling for us.

Thanks for the update, Bryan! :clap:

Hang in there. :sun:

Last edited:
Enjoying living vicariously through your experiences and daydreaming of the time my own Alaska trip becomes reality.

Brian,
Hope today is better for you than yesterday (but not as good as tomorrow). I can understand you would rather spend time looking at the beautiful scenery than typing on a computer. That's perfectly OK. Just be prepared when you get back to be locked in your room with the computer til the ride report is done!

wow just found this thread. Sounds like a blast. Hope yall stay safe and have the ride of your lives. Keep the rubber on the road. Look forward to next update.

They are getting very close to AK. They sure are tearing up the miles quickly!

"No new messages in the last 24 hours" - they've probably hit the northernmost transmission area for the SPoT. Now it's like that blackout communication window on the space shuttle - we wait for them to reappear...

Back