• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

NEED IDEAS FOR TWT T-SHIRTS!!

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab So we are finally going to get serious about doing the T-shirt thing here. However, I would like some input from everyone regarding what they think would make a cool shirt. Do we want some kind of theme, something that could also go on hats, mouse pads, stickers, etc,...? If you have an idea, we want to hear it! Please post up, no idea to stupid :wink:

Adios,

Hey Scott, what is a T-THIRTS?

A shirt for someone with a lisp?
Or someone with dyslexia?

No obvious motorcycle tie-in, but the letters TWT might work for a branding-iron themed logo.
You could have flames coming off of it too...
:twisted:

Hey Scott, what is a T-THIRTS?

A shirt for someone with a lisp?
Or someone with dyslexia?

For someone who is all thumbs ;-)

Scratch,

:tab that is a cool idea. I was thinking of something like a longhorn riding a bike, horns poking out the sides of his helmet, blah blah blah... Or maybe a rider on a bike that looks like a longhorn where the horns are the handlebars and the face of the bull is the front fairing, the guy is hanging on for dear life, etc, etc,.... The branding iron thing would be great for stickers, logos on hats, shirt pockets, and other small stuff. You're a genius! :-P

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
Scratch,

:tab that is a cool idea. I was thinking of something like a longhorn riding a bike, horns poking out the sides of his helmet, blah blah blah... Or maybe a rider on a bike that looks like a longhorn where the horns are the handlebars and the face of the bull is the front fairing, the guy is hanging on for dear life, etc, etc,.... The branding iron thing would be great for stickers, logos on hats, shirt pockets, and other small stuff. You're a genius! :-P

Adios,

Of course the branding iron has to be the shape of the state with the 1000cc longhorn in the center.

What about a long horn standing on two legs yielding a branding iron with the initials TWT being burned into the fairing of a bike. TWT could be incorporated within the out line of a Texas brand.

Get a pic of a bunch of bikes in a straight line...all kinds of bikes. nice curvy or hilly road :twisted: Put that on the back of a shirt w/ the caption below saying "Wish you were here"...you know like a postcard or something. Then maybe the TWT "branded" on the front :chug: 8)

Not being a Longhorn fan, how about a longhorn with a branding iron shoved up (*****CENSORED*****). What ever you do, I suggest cafepress.com. They handle the orders, cut commission checks ship and make it snap to have a web store. Here is mine for our Banditfest this November:

www.cafepress.com/txmedic

What about a motorcyclist with a twisty road in front of him..and the sun setting...that would be cool, you can design the guy complete or just one side of his helmet, that would leave more room for the road, and also this way you could draw his helmet with the Texas outline, complete with it's flag colors.

Am I genius?? Am I?? :hail

LMAO

I think you are! :dude:

And a yellow street sign with "TEXAS - Next 24,000 miles"

I like bandito's idea but also I like the longhorn handle bars and such. I deffinately think that a bike with a Texas Flag sailing in the wind behind it would be cool also. Nothin says wide open spaces like the Lone Star with Red White andBlue.

I like bandito's idea too. Maybe with a green "Welcome to Texas" sign on the other side of the road but instead of "Drive Friendly - The Texas Way" at the bottom of the sign, put "Two Wheels Past This Point".

Oh wait, this is supposed to go on a t-shirt? Nevermind. Might make a good poster though.

I bought some shirts for my kids several years ago that showed a long horn being run over by a bus with TAMU on the banner board.

How about a Motorcyclist running over a longhorn with the Texas Drive friendly slogan as the caption.

txmedic said:
Not being a Longhorn fan, how about a longhorn with a branding iron shoved up (*****CENSORED*****).

So, tell us how you REALLY feel about UT! :eek: :wink:

txmedic said:
What ever you do, I suggest cafepress.com. They handle the orders, cut commission checks ship and make it snap to have a web store. Here is mine for our Banditfest this November:

www.cafepress.com/txmedic

I browsed their website, and that's a really clever business model they've developed. It looks like all you have to do is send them a good piece of camera-ready art (old school terminology) and you're ready to go.

Yup, that's it! It took me about 15 minutes to set it up and be in business. Haven't had to pay any attention to it since. I don't make any profit only because I specified at cost pricing.

I'm for three teams every week. Dallas, Texas Tech, and whoever is playing Texas. :mrgreen: Being from the Austin area makes it even that much more challenging. :evil:

No Longhorn Please

Well not that my ideas are better than anybody elses, but hasn't the Longhorn been on enough? Been there done that!!! The poor Longhorn has been beat to death (hopefully by an Aggie eventually) :pound: I do like the idea of the cyclist on a winding road into the sunset and I like the idea of the Texas flag and sign. But PLEASE no Longhorn!!!

I'm with Mark's Gal.

Er. Um.

I mean, I not WITH her. I...I..agree with what she's saying.

:-D

How about a line drawing of a rider on a sport-touring bike, leaned over so far into a curve, that there are sparks flying off the saddle bags. Of course, sunset in the background, TWT license plate, etc.

A few observations:

:tab As far as the Longhorn theme, or anything else, I don't have a set idea. However, I would like something that is identifiable with Texas. After all, this is the Two Wheeled Texans. So there are all the longstanding symbols of Texas: longhorns, cowboys, oil, and tumbleweeds. Perhaps someone can come up with something else that still reflects the predominantly Texan theme and motorcycling?

:tab I liked Paul's idea about the branding iron just because it lends itself to simplicity and of being black and white (cheaper) when doing any kind of printing, etc,... All these people on the site and no one that is an artsy fartsy type? What! Are we all engineers and programmers? Good grief! :P

Adios,

I got it

Ok this may be from a woman's point of view 8) but hopefully a few of you real men will appreciate it. First of all there is nothing finer to show Texan spirit as our beautiful Lone Star flag. Second the true beauty of Texas is held in the spring seeing all of it's wonderful Blue Bonnets (I know that's not black and white Scott, sorry). So how about the rider or siloutte of a rider driving down a beautiful Texas highway; blue bonnets in full bloom, with a Texas flag flying from his/her bike. and the branding iron logo (which I also like) on his/her helmet?
And no I don't have any artistic skill -- all my work is gray scale.

Kim

I'm not engineer or programmer, just a mechanic, but about artistic skill, I make POETRY with wrenches and various hand tools. :puke:

MexicanBandito said:
I'm not engineer or programmer, just a mechanic, but about artistic skill, I make POETRY with wrenches and various hand tools.

Bandito, you don't have to convince me. I have a lot of admiration for a craftsman who takes pride in his work - guys like you are becoming too scarce.
Here's to a job well done! :chug:

Back