• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from Aggieland!!!

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Conrey
I figured it was only a matter of time before Scott masterminded a great forum like this. :wink:

Let me introduce myself to those of you I have yet to meet. My name is Chris Conrey and I currently ride a 1992 Honda VFR750. I also have a nice red, white, and blue 1985 Honda VF500F that is a bit under the weather right now. I had the unfortunate occurance last October of a camshaft lobe going flat and I have yet to get the time to fix it. Hopefully that will come soon. In mid November last year, while searching for a VFR, one of my good riding buddies from Houston came across a pristine 1992 VFR750 on CycleTrader of all places. My dad went to check it out for me since it was in Houston and I gave him the green light to scoop it up. It only had 9200 miles on it and still had the original (!!!) front tire. I did some quick maintenance to it and a few other things (see hardware section) and I've been in heaven ever since.
I'm a Mechanical Engineering Technology major at Texas A&M University (WHOOP!!!) and I'm completely addicted to motorcycling and wrenching. I was a mechanic for a few years before coming back to school, so I guess it's just natural that I love to tinker with bikes. My schedule the last two semesters have been pretty hectic and I haven't gotten to ride that much, but things are looking up. I'm almost past the dreaded "weed out" classes that give tons of homework and very few credit hours, so life should be great after this semester.
I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can and I hope to make some good rides this summer! :P

Back