View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 11:08 PM   #32
bushwhacker

Re: Recommend me a new ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post

Unfortunately, I think the only thing on that list that might be in my price range is the V-Strom. I've never been on one, but it doesn't seem like it's really what I'm looking for. My riding is all pavement, so I don't think I need any off-road capabilities, minimal as they may be.

I did 3000 miles on a Valkyrie and it was fun most of the time but I could really feel it at the end of the day.

I flew to Anchorage and rented a KLR and did 5000 miles in 16 days and felt pretty good at the end of the day.

This trip made a believer out of me in the long travel suspension.

Since then I have had an 05 Tiger, an 04 Multistrada, an 07 Tiger and now an 09 F800GS.

The only ones that have been off road even a little were the 05 Tiger and the GS (and not very much).

I just got back from a 3500 mile trip to the Grand Canyon, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and back to Houston (All Pavement - My riding buddy was on an Ultra Classic) and the bike performed flawlessly.

The ride was great, I felt great at the end of each day, the bike did great in the twisties and was a dream on high speed highways such as 85 in West Texas.

I am not talking about going off road. Just because a bike has the capabilities to go off road does not mean you have to do it.

I am talking about a suspension set up that allows you to feel rested and ready to keep going at the end of the day.

9-11 inches of suspension travel is way easier on the old bod than 4-6 inches of suspension travel.

2018 R1200R Light White and Cordoba Blue
2014 Jaguar F-Type Convertible - Firesand
bushwhacker is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04128 seconds with 9 queries