• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kim "wonder91178" Collins - Burleson, TX

Sleepy Weasel said:
Am I the only one who thinks it looks kinda cool without all that bodywork? :lol:

Nope....I like it that way myself.

Did you see him split those cars? And they were headed the opposite direction! :shock:

Did Kim ever find any boots?

Gilk51 said:
Did you see him split those cars? And they were headed the opposite direction! :shock:

Did Kim ever find any boots?

I know, he could have been killed! :eek:

No boots yet, my helmet and boots will be the last things we get....I kinda still want to try on some Gaerne's, if they make'em in my size that is.

Rebuilding stuff costs a lot of money! Why didn't someone tell me that in th beginning? :-D

Kim

Squidward said:
It was the single worst feeling i've ever had in my life. There was nothing I could do to stop it. I had gone around the corner first and the wind was strong enough to push my fat pig of a TL1000R off it's line. When she came around and the wind gusted, she had no chance.

I can well imagine the sinking feeling in the gut watching any other rider go off the road. I an not even imagine how bad it would be watching it happen to someone you love.

Squidward said:
It's mechanically sound, so now it is time to finish altering the bodywork, tear it all back down, clean up the welds, paint the frame, get the Muzzy and modify it into a high mount, adjust the valves, put it all back together, rejet, synch carbs, and throw it on the Dyno at Piper's. No matter how much gets done, there is always more to go.

I am seriously impressed. My mechanical ability runs more toward "take a bolt out, put a bolt in". Anything more complicated than that and I, unfortunately, let someone else do it.

I look forward to seeing it and you guys on the road.

Bill Stephens

bushwhacker said:
I am seriously impressed. My mechanical ability runs more toward "take a bolt out, put a bolt in". Anything more complicated than that and I, unfortunately, let someone else do it.

I look forward to seeing it and you guys on the road.

Bill Stephens

I admittedly got a laugh out of the 'technical' test to see if his welds were solid and secure......Squidward, me and a friend of his all took turns bouncing up and down on the seat....it didn't break when any of us did it, so I guess he did something right LOL

And thanks, I keep reminding Squidward that May is Motorcycle Awareness month and I need to be out there, hehe.

Kim

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm slowly working my way back to 2 wheels. Squidward and I have been practicing on the Ninja in the church parking lot across the street. I am just making sure I still got 'da skillz' LOL and that the mental monsters don't have control of me!

I just keep telling myself....DON'T lock your elbows, and DON'T keep a death grip on the tank with your knees Kim!

Kim

DSCF0275.jpg

DSCF0297.jpg

DSCF0295.jpg

DSCF0294.jpg

DSCF0288.jpg

DSCF0282.jpg

DSCF0278.jpg

Tonight will be her "road test" if the weather permits.

Congratulations! Good to know that you're back in the saddle again. 8-)
Can't wait to see how the the bike looks with the new fairing mounted.

scratch said:
Congratulations! Good to know that you're back in the saddle again. 8-)
Can't wait to see how the the bike looks with the new fairing mounted.
The front fairings that were so kindly donated by an Aprilia RS250, will not be put to use. Their was no way to get them adequately mounted while allowing sufficient clearance for exhaust, engine cases, clip-ons(and hands). So the project rolls on. In the interim, we got a steal of a deal on a brand new off the showroom floor 2002 ZR-7S. They were practically giving it away to get it off their floor after 3+ years. The 250 is being used to get her confidence back while we get the Z set up for her to ride it comfortably and safely.

Well, that sounded pretty ambitious, but ya never know until you try. If you want I'll bet you can piece together the original bodywork over time pretty cheaply. Maybe offset the cost by putting the RS250 bodywork up for sale. The ZR7 is the sort of bike you can grow into and end up keeping for a long, long time.

scratch said:
Well, that sounded pretty ambitious, but ya never know until you try. If you want I'll bet you can piece together the original bodywork over time pretty cheaply. Maybe offset the cost by putting the RS250 bodywork up for sale. The ZR7 is the sort of bike you can grow into and end up keeping for a long, long time.
I think we are just going to streetfighter it. :chug:

one thought - I don't know if there is a reaosn that you are looking ONLY at womens gear, but being female myself, I've given up on womens gear....

it's either made for women who have ultra skinny legs and no muscle (for the pants) or it got pink everywhere on it (I HATE pink) or the boots are entirely too narrow...

I've found that the mens gear fits just fine and it's not covered in girly pink stuff everywhere....

just a thought!

glad to hear you are back out on the bike!

DucGirl said:
one thought - I don't know if there is a reaosn that you are looking ONLY at womens gear, but being female myself, I've given up on womens gear....

it's either made for women who have ultra skinny legs and no muscle (for the pants) or it got pink everywhere on it (I HATE pink) or the boots are entirely too narrow...

I've found that the mens gear fits just fine and it's not covered in girly pink stuff everywhere....

just a thought!

glad to hear you are back out on the bike!

I don't wear women's gear, although I would like to try on a pair of women's boots, but there seems to be a lack of supply here. I can't even find men's boots small enough to fit me or I would try them on. I think one of our Cycle Gears only had Frank Thomas ladies boots, or touring boots, and Moto Liberty's selection was slim to none unless you wanted a cutesy touring boot with a big chunky heel.

I wear a men's size small Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket, and men's Fox Racing size medium Bomber gloves.

Kim

I got my wifes alpinestar boots at Eurosport.
They don't look like my race boots, they are just all black and seem to have very good ankle support/protection.

wonder91178 said:
I don't wear women's gear, although I would like to try on a pair of women's boots, but there seems to be a lack of supply here. I can't even find men's boots small enough to fit me or I would try them on. I think one of our Cycle Gears only had Frank Thomas ladies boots, or touring boots, and Moto Liberty's selection was slim to none unless you wanted a cutesy touring boot with a big chunky heel.

I wear a men's size small Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket, and men's Fox Racing size medium Bomber gloves.

Kim

ahh - yes, I know how that goes.

I'm in a slightly differnet situation I guess. Since we have given the local dealership so much business they are more than willing to order in something for us and if it doesn't fit or we don't like it, they take the hit, send it back and get something else....

Though....I would imaging that you could do that with just about any dealership.

If you are ever in the Dallas area there are 2-3 other shops up there that carry nothing but gear...

DucGirl said:
wonder91178 said:

Kim

ahh - yes, I know how that goes.

I'm in a slightly differnet situation I guess. Since we have given the local dealership so much business they are more than willing to order in something for us and if it doesn't fit or we don't like it, they take the hit, send it back and get something else....

Though....I would imaging that you could do that with just about any dealership.

If you are ever in the Dallas area there are 2-3 other shops up there that carry nothing but gear...

What shops are those? We live in the D/FW area.

Moto Liberty - @ 35 & 635

Cycle Gear in Plano off of 75 off of Parker or Park or something like that

Honda of Plano also has a good selection...or was it Plano Honda? something like that

those are the three places that I remember us going to

DucGirl said:
Moto Liberty - @ 35 & 635

Cycle Gear in Plano off of 75 off of Parker or Park or something like that

Honda of Plano also has a good selection...or was it Plano Honda? something like that

those are the three places that I remember us going to

Moto Liberty has a terrible selection as far as her feet are concerned, and we have two Cycle Gears closer to us....one has crap for selection, but the other one carries a fair amount of A-Star boots.

If you are looking for a race type boot try www.helmetshop.com they maybe aren't exactly women's but they are easy to return to and offer free shipping UPS over $100 order. If you want black leather type riding boots, try a Harley dealer. Ours here in College Station has 6 or 7 different kinds of women's riding boots. Even if you don't drive a Harley, it doesn't mean you aren't allowed in. :mrgreen:

Yeah I was looking for a more race type boot...I would LOVE to try some Gaerne or Diadoras on, but I'm hard pressed to find some brick and mortar store to actually try some on, I didn't want to have to wait for them to be shipped to me, hope they fit and not have to return them for something else.

I guess that might be my only option.

Kim

yeah I posted the site because it sounded to me like you weren't going to able to get any around here! helmet Shop at least has the free shipping and I believe they included the return label as well, plus it is Florida so no tax also I think. I don't remember because it has been two years since I got my helmet and jackets. good luck anyway. :mrgreen:

I actually wear Dainese for around town, and up until I got the SMX-Plus for real riding

the dianese aren't made any more, but they do have new models

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/34-DA-11

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/34-DA-13

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/34-DA-14

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/34-DA-12

they are smaller, more petit shoes, but they fit very well....they aren't big clunky boots like HD or hte like always has...I've never quite understood how people ride wearing those boots!

for something like this, you only option really is to order and wait.....

Hey Kim"wonder91178"
A couple of things,,,, If you need some ninja 250 parts my wife has some spares on a roller we bought for parts for her bike(complete rolling frame some bodywork,Electrics, wheels, forks,brakes,etc etc...)).Also what about the RD250 bodywork that you were going to use? still got it ? It might fit her NS50F Roadracer(same size as an RS125)

SRADkneedragger said:
Hey Kim"wonder91178"
A couple of things,,,, If you need some ninja 250 parts my wife has some spares on a roller we bought for parts for her bike(complete rolling frame some bodywork,Electrics, wheels, forks,brakes,etc etc...)).Also what about the RD250 bodywork that you were going to use? still got it ? It might fit her NS50F Roadracer(same size as an RS125)

My Ninja 250 is being parted out...already sold the engine, getting ready to put some parts on eBay :-D

The RS250 bodywork was scrapped, we might still have the tail section and the subframe, I know we have the subframe. The upper part got cut up to pieces. I loved the tail section though, it made the Ninja 250 look mean, hehe! I think we still have the RS125 headlight also, it wasn't a big seller on eBay.

Kim

Back