• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cushion pad for pillion seat? Upholsterer in Houston?

Not sure yet... My babysitting backup is 5 hours away! :doh: I'm back to the drawing board... :tears:

Got the Alaska Leather butt pad this morning at 6:00 a.m. :eek2: from the handy special package pick-up window at the Post Office. It appears that the 2-day shipping I paid for requires a signature for the postal system to actually hand over my stuff. :doh: I'll be putting it on tonight and hopefully will be able to ride around the hood for a bit.

any updates? My gf is looking for something similar for when she rides on the back.

The Alaska Leather pad was a big help! But, :rofl: I still felt some derrier numbness so I took off both seats and sent them off to Spencer on Monday. They should be delivered to him today... I also sent a pic of me that Squeaky took off the side since it gives a good view of how far back I sit in the seat. I'm going to test out the seat without the Alaska Leather Butt Pad and with. I found the butt pad caused me slide into the tank a bit...

More updates coming... :zen:

Review: Spencer's Seat Work

I LOVE my new seat! :sun:

From riding yesterday, my behind was cushioned on a gelatenous cloud of vinyl-covered derrier happiness!

Here's what was done: my seat has the supracore foamy stuff. Wunderbar! :clap:

My son's review of the pillion seat: "Yeah, it's good." He's a man-child of few words. :zen: We had about a 45 minute ride each way yesterday for pie and never once did he complain during the ride or when he got off the bike. That speaks volumes!

I think we've got a winner, definitely money well spent. I highly recommend the seat gutting that Spencer did for me, for anyone else that might be experiencing some riding discomfort in their nether regions.

Spencer's Motorcycle Seat Mods

:rider: :rider: :rider: :rider: :rider: :rider: :rider: :rider: :rider: :rider:

That's what I needed to know! Glad it worked out well!

Thanks for the review!

I paid for UPS ground shipping at just under $16 both ways, and it took just about 2 weeks to get the seats back. My seat feels very gell-y, but in a good way for a cruiser. I don't know that a sport bike or DS rider would want the seat with quite so much give. The pillion seat is much firmer but very different than the stock foam. Initially, it felt firm and I couldn't tell the difference but the more I pressed on it with my hand, the more the replacement foamy stuff seemed to "warm up" to the pressure and had more give.

Super glad I did this! Let me know if you come out West and I'll be happy to let you sit on the bike to try it out.

I'd like to sit on it, though I won't be at bike night this week or next :-(

Until I get Harley some more winter insulation, I won't be riding to Bike Night with him. Can't let the kid get sick and miss school. PM me when you're ready and you can always just swing by the house at some point. J is home usually during the day and we're allmost always there in the evenings.

Thank you very much. Katy is my old stomping grounds and my folks still live there. Unfortunalty, I will have to take a rain check. I am still waiting for my chiropractor to give the o.k. to ride. I told her that I was going to the bike show next month no matter what to do some demo riding. This weather is killing me.

Until I get Harley some more winter insulation, I won't be riding to Bike Night with him. Can't let the kid get sick and miss school. PM me when you're ready and you can always just swing by the house at some point. J is home usually during the day and we're allmost always there in the evenings.

I've got an older pair Joe Rocket winter pants that you're more than welcome to. I picked them up free off another member and they turned out to be too short for me, they'll be a little big and a little long but if you want 'em they're yours.

Email Spencer and see what he'll charge you... tell him I sent ya :trust:

http://www.greatdaytoride.com/
This material is good stuff. Supracore is used in a veriety of seating applications. I know many people who sit on this material all day everyday. in most cases, not only is it comfortable, it wicks moisture away and keeps the ingrety of your skin in good shape. I have not seen it used when covered in vinyl ,nauga or leather so I cant say how much preasure releave you will get. When covered in Dartex or Polor Tech or something that will breath it is great. Also look at http://www.crownthera.com/

Back