• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Houston TWT Hangout?

Reaction score
Here's a thread over on STN about a new Houston "Biker Bar". So is this going to be a new hangout for the Houston TWT crew?

Houston Chronicle
EASY STREET RIDERS
Two wheels, deep pockets
Biker bar offers an upscale take on the concept
By DAVID KAPLAN
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

A biker bar near River Oaks opens today.

But "you won't see Hells Angels cracking beer bottles over each others' heads," noted Scott Lutwak, president of Crome.

Crome is meant for RUBs, he said. That's short for Rich Urban Bikers.

Unlike biker bars in outlying areas, Crome has a slate and chrome water fountain and valet parking.

A typical biker bar sells lots of Bud and chips. Crome will serve martinis and lobster quesadillas.

Displayed throughout the upscale bar are high-end choppers, priced as high as $60,000.

Crome, on Shepherd between Alabama and Westheimer, isn't just a swanky lounge. It is also a marketing vehicle for selling choppers.

Adjoining the bar is a mini-showroom featuring Big Dog and other chopper brands.

There is something very Houston about Crome, which was apparent when Lutwak gave a tour.

"The party will be out here," he said while standing on the back patio overlooking a valet service parking lot, which will allow patrons to see who is arriving on what wheels.

Instead of gazing at boats like they do in Kemah, the Crome crowd will admire approaching Harley-Davidson and Big Dog bikes, mixed in with the Ferraris and Porsches, Lutwak said.

Click here for the rest of the article and pics.

:rofl

It's all about the marketing baby!

Hmm, is there a dress code? You don't have to wear a suit, like Brennen's or something, do ya? :lol: I doubt I could afford the water there. :roll: They wouldn't let me ride anything I own up there anyway. Not enough chrome on the SV and too much rust on the Wing. :lol:

I'm sure they'd let you in as everyone's money is the color of green, but as to whether any of the RUBs would even speak to you would be another story. What could they possibly have in common with us... riding? Not likely.

Texas T said:
as to whether any of the RUBs would even speak to you would be another story.
Please......do me a favor :-D

How do you make a small fortune in the upscale biker bar business? ......start with a large one.

Jack Giesecke said:
Hmm, is there a dress code? You don't have to wear a suit, like Brennen's or something, do ya? :lol: I doubt I could afford the water there. :roll: They wouldn't let me ride anything I own up there anyway. Not enough chrome on the SV and too much rust on the Wing. :lol:

The dress code is strictly HD I imagine.... :roll:

I have a serious itch to ride up on the GS after a good dirt ride...

Tourmeister said:
Let me know when , Its kinda fun blasting around city streets on a big DS. SEYA

Jack Giesecke said:
Ah, I don't even know if the Banditos exist anymore. :-?
They do. There was a large bust last month in several western states. I believe they got about 20 including the president and the sgt at arms, and were looking for another 10. This was a federal investigation and had been going on for about 2 years.

Jack Giesecke said:
Ah, I don't even know if the Banditos exist anymore.

Yep. Texas is traditionally Bandito territory. They have chapters everywhere.

I actually met some of their prospects at a patch swap meet a while back. Get them out of their element and most of them are actually pleasant to talk to. One, who I won't name publicly, sat and talked about how much he loved his old GS and how much he hates his HOG. :shock: He had some interesting stories of riding across the desert in Arizona on it.

10-95 said:
Jack Giesecke said:
Ah, I don't even know if the Banditos exist anymore.

Yep. Texas is traditionally Bandito territory. They have chapters everywhere.

I have actually had a friendlier response from them than I have the RUB's when I have stopped to take a break at a few places. I guess as long as you "respect" them, then they return the respect. Whereas most RUB's act like you didn't ante up enough (or the "right way") to play at their table :roll:

For all the bad publicity they get the bandits are the leaders of bikers rights in the state of Texas .They make a major apperence at legeslative day , and are mostly well informed about the issues that need addressed. SEYA

Ritzy dive

Or with bug splatters on your racing leathers with freshly worn knee sliders. YEAH BABY :dude:

PassTheGravy said:
Unlike biker bars in outlying areas, Crome has a slate and chrome water fountain and valet parking.

I'm still trying to figure out just how valet parking is gonna work with bikes. ;-)

I think that is probably for the cages, I bet there is "special" parking for H-D's and customs :roll:

Hmm, is there a dress code? You don't have to wear a suit, like Brennen's or something

Hey Jack, we relaxed our jacket requirement a couple of years (3 to be exact. Houston is just too darned hot, not to mention most Houstonians don't dress up. If it weren't for the high volume we do, we would have less snobs than the "Crome" biker bar. Plus, I get to park my CBR on the sidewalk (weekends) for convenience! I'll be looking for you on the Motard but don't valet it.

Paul

I went to Brennen's once, wife's birthday and that's what she wanted. The only suit I own is the one I was married in. LOL! We drove up in our Chevy Chevette for the Valet. Sorry, guy, no Porche here, LOL! That was a few years ago. I got too fat for the suit, curtasy of Whataburger I reckon. :roll:

In the words of the great George Carlin, it's the "continued pu$$ification of the American male in the form of Harley Davidson theme restaurants."

Hear his rant here..

Back