• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Greetings from Uvalde

Reaction score
Sunday I purchased a 2nd hand '04 dl650 vstrom.

I have been riding a harley, but on the last few trips, I've found myself enjoying the "short cuts" more and more. Unfortunately, heavy crusiers are not designed for gravel or dirt road. Not that I intend to go totally off road, just partial...thus the strom

I'm a 50 yr old rider loves the ride and doesn't mind smelling the roses along the way.

pancakejim

Welcome!

Hey, feel free to post up about your favorite short cuts over in Roads & Routes. ;-)

:chug:

Welcome to the site, you'll find lots of good info in here and good people as well.
Man, you are smack dab in the middle of some good roads aren't you? I just did a mapquest and remember riding just north of Uvalde early one morning - pretty country. I was on 377 heading out of Del Rio to Rocksprings - what a cool road that was.

Dave.

Welcome aboard! Great choice of bikes there. You should be able to have some fun both on the roads and on those shortcuts.

Hey Jim,
So you found the 650 and this forum. Good. We were through Uvalde this weekend on a rain run (not intentionally, but it felt PDG) up 55 though Camp Wood. We kind of decide what day to ride on the beer of the moment a day or two in advance. I'll try to keep you in the loop. I think we're going to cruise Bandera this weekend.

I purchased a 2nd hand '04 dl650 vstrom

Awright! Anodder one! Take that, Connies! :-P
Maybe one of these pie runs will have 37 'Stroms attending... :roll:

Welcome, fellow 'Strom rider. Uh, what color is it?

Us AARP types gotta stick together!

Back