• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bike you've sold and regretted

zx-11.jpg

Two things I've regretted selling...this and my Benelli Montefeltro shotgun.

I hate you.
:argh:

Wayne! I didn't know that you were selling the Zrex!

If you are looking for a new C14, then give Granbury Motorsports a look. I took a left over '08 model off of his hands.

He only has a black '09 right now, but from what I hear he has very competitive prices. :sun:

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm ready to change to something new. What I really need is 3 or 5 bikes in the garage, but since that ain't happnin, I'm going with a big bad sport tourer.

I've always heard good stuff about Granbury. If I end up buying new, I definitely check them out. From the looks of things right now, I'll probably have to let the Rex go for a song - either on trade or just selling outright.

Have you listed the Rex on ebay? Lately that has produced the best results for me.

Have you listed the Rex on ebay? Lately that has produced the best results for me.

No, but I probably will eventually. Right before I trade it at the dealer. I figger that's where I'll get the worst screwing. :lol2:

My first distance touring bike. 1986 Goldwing Aspencade.

The three things I cared for most, over twenty years ago.
I still have the most precious!!!!

TheLoveofMyLife.jpg

Pacman, you gotta check the Kaw shop in Lancaster, just south of Dallas, he is always the cheapest i find. the owner loves rex's too. so you might ride it up there and check him out. He's a small store, but good service and prices are always ~ 1000 less than others i look at. he had 3 C-14's in there the other day, both ABS and non. also a bad *** green zx14

Pacman, you gotta check the Kaw shop in Lancaster, just south of Dallas, he is always the cheapest i find. the owner loves rex's too. so you might ride it up there and check him out. He's a small store, but good service and prices are always ~ 1000 less than others i look at. he had 3 C-14's in there the other day, both ABS and non. also a bad *** green zx14

Thanks for the tip. :thumb:

I wish I still had my 1975 CB400F. I think I got $500 for it, and it was in good shape. I sold it to my cousin, who sold it a couple of years later. We're both still kicking ourselves.

1976 Kawasaki KZ1000...It did everything well. I even rode it on the forest roads in Arkansas before people knew what dual-purpose bikes were.

What's this "sold" word you speak of? ;)

I've parted with a loosely-associated-pile-of-parts for a buck or two, but nothing operational has ever left my grasp. :)

In August 07 I sold my 01 Triumph Trophy 1200 and bought an 08 Concours 1400. I still wish I kept the Trophy. I would have bought the C14, but I should have kept both. I sold the C14 8 months later due to the ergonomics not working for me. The Trophy was so much more comfortable to ride.

488018867_k4Exe-L.jpg

What this thread has taught me is that I need to try and find a way, if at all possible, to keep the Speedie and get the 2nd bike. Beautiful Trophy, btw.

Sold my 1500 drifter when the company I worked for shut it's doors. My wife say that of the 6 bikes since, that was her all time fav too.
Two years ago sold an 86 Yamaha Venture. That baby was the best handling, fastest thing I've ever riden above 1?? mph. that one I really miss.:rider:

<--------- Miss the dual purpose, wish I still had a dirt bike of some sort.

Miss my Intruder too, it was a nice peppy little bike, fun to ride. I would love to have all three bikes in my stable! (then I'd have a stable)

1980 Honda CB750F, sliver in color.
It was comfortable enough for Kathy and I to tour 2-up on it. Got good mileage when I rode it sanely, most of the time I rode insanely. Handled great and was fast for its time. This was the superbike back in the day. Sorry I don't have any pics. I had little Shoei cafe fairing on it and a lugguage rack with back rest for Kathy. We used some throw over bags and were good to go.
Marty

In August 07 I sold my 01 Triumph Trophy 1200 and bought an 08 Concours 1400. I still wish I kept the Trophy. I would have bought the C14, but I should have kept both. I sold the C14 8 months later due to the ergonomics not working for me. The Trophy was so much more comfortable to ride.

488018867_k4Exe-L.jpg

AAAAHHHHHHHH!:shame: I hope mine looks that good some day. beautiful bike.

on another note, i had a 01 zr7s that turned out to be a pretty good bike. i rode the crap out of that thing for 3 years and not one problem. comfy too!!

leave your speed with me.....It will keep my 1050 speedy comfy and it will get some mentoring and sibling love. I was going into withdrawls without mine. My missed one is my Gsx750 great bike great ergos and BULLETPROOF.

75 Suzuki TS400, Bought it new,kept it a year and traded it in for a KZ900, I still miss the sound,ergo's and look of the old Apache 400, Ive had a lot of bikes and thats the only one I still have dreams about for some reason. SZ.

sidesmall.jpg

The ergos killed my knee and the bike made me want to do bad things but I enjoyed it while I had it.

Back