• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New R6 in town

Looks good. Get your body towards the inside of the curve to preserve your lean angle. :mrgreen:

wabbit said:
Looks good. Get your body towards the inside of the curve to preserve your lean angle. :mrgreen:

Yeah I think I was sitting too straight up on the bike. At the time it felt much lower into the corner and my chest closer to the gas tank, but seeing these pictures gave me a pretty good indication on my riding style and where I need to go from here on next trackday Aug 29th. :-D Thanks for the tip :chug:

I was there, too!

IMG_1797.jpg

It was so freakin hot that I had to skip at least 3 sessions.
Not sure I wanna do another track day over 100F.....
:-?

Fox7777 said:
... I had been thinking about what would make a great track bike for first timer. Well here it is, ... It was probably the best 130 bucks I've ever spent on pure fun.

I'll say! Where can I buy an R6 for $130?! :lol: :angel:

CycleCat said:
Fox7777 said:
... I had been thinking about what would make a great track bike for first timer. Well here it is, ... It was probably the best 130 bucks I've ever spent on pure fun.

I'll say! Where can I buy an R6 for $130?! :lol: :angel:

+1 ! :lol:

Nutmegchoi, nice pic. Much better body language than me, prettier too hehe.

Yeah, it was really hot that day with track temperature of 115 degrees. It seemed like lot of people crashed that day with first rider going down on lap 2 of first session on his RC 51. Then on the seventh session a guy on gsxr went down on turn 4 just ahead me. Scary...

Fox, I just like to pose.
:lol:

Thank you though.
;-)

It was my third track day, so I'm sure you'll look a whole lot better after couple of track days. :-D

I don't think any number of track days will make be look that good. lol

BTW, I had a some what of a close call on turn 10 as the front wheel tucked on me. Right knee caught the ground before I figured out what was happening. No biggle, just surprised me little.

Little clip here... Oh and if anyone is interested on being on chase cam on a track day, I'd be happy to follow anyone for a session and burn a copy of dvd for ya. Hehe, I love chasing people around.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=%22minor+incident"+playable:true

Your knee probably caught my the curve on T-10.
If you get close to curve, that's very easy to do.
My front tire caught the curve that push me off the line.
Likely people behind me saw what I was doing(I gave up T-11 and caught cross) so it was all good.

If you can follow me sometime, that'll be great.
The only way I can learn about my riding is looking at photos or watching videos. I'll take any little chance.
I'll be out at TWS on September 5th, riding with group 2.

Sure be glad too. I'll definately be at the September 5th for RS and moving up to class 2. This time I''ll be bringing blue Gsxr-1000. I had a bit of doubt in my confidence of riding that monster on the track, but after making a few adjustments to the suspension it proved to be great today through twisties: preload 5 lines showing; compression 10 clicks out; rebound 6 clicks out; and rasing the forks 7mm from triple. Rear 26mm showing from top of the threads, compression 6 clicks out, rebound 12 clicks out.

Umm sorry about that link, try this one.

Freaking long link!!

Awesome!

Mine's still bone stock(an SV with no suspension work is an aweful thing!).
I just replaced chain, sprockets, spark plugs and air filter.
Don't wanna spend much money on my street bike.
Saving for a track bike next year. :-D

I'll see you at TWS!!!!

That's great what track bike are you thinking about getting next year?
If I may make a recommendation, personally, I really liked the R6 for its corning capabilities. As for liter class, bar-none GSXR. 8-)

I'll probably get a gixxer 600.
It's everywhere, so it's easy to find(cheap) parts.
Also there are older models for good prices(don't wanna spend more than $4.000).
Love to have an R6, but it's bit more money than I wanna spend.
:-|

Sweet can never go wrong with the mighty "Gixxer". Great pick. :chug:

Own the race track...

Funny thing is I don't even like Suzuki that much, but I've owned Suzuki the most out of 6 bikes I had(3 of them!). :lol:

Haha, funny me too. I always favored Honda but I end up with Yamaha or Suzuki like it wasn't meant to be or something. Well if this new VFR is as good as they say it'll be my next bike.

Here is a link that tell little more about it. Very nice bike.
http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/news.html

Back