• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RACING SPOILERS -- don't read if you haven't watched

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab So I almost missed the AMA Fontana Superbike because I wasn't paying attention to the time, doh! I caught everything from Mladin's pass for the lead to the end. Man did he check out. Seems more like the Mladin of old that has been missing the last few years. The Boz bros were entertaining. I just wish E Boz had a better bike :| He finished ahead of Ben but the officials said he cut a chicane or something and they bumped him back to fourth, hehe. I really like that track, looks like it would be a blast to ride.

:tab So I did manage to see the AMA Supersport. Thanks to Speed for not canning it when the F1 went over their time. The race ending crashes were pretty spectacular!! I was a bit disappointed that Speed showed the thirty minutes of post race nonsense rather than going straight to the AMA racing, but at least they did show all the racing. I was rooting for Tommy on the Kawasaki, but the Yamahas were just amazing. He just barely squirted back onto the podium there at the end! I was a bit disappointed in the Honda showing :-( Always like to see Miguel mixing it up at the front because he always makes the race finishes so unpredictable and exciting. When Hacking checked out, it got a little boring after that. I was having a hard time staying awake on the couch :?

:tab And finally, we get to the opening round of MotoGP!! Woohoo!! Of course Rossi won by a huge margin, go figure. It was fun watching the early laps when he was trying to get around Biaggi and Capriossi. The new Duc was looking real good but just seemed to be a little less stable than the Hondas when powering out of the corners. When Rossi finally put the pass on the Duc, he seemed to do it almost without effort! Then he was gone.

:tab It was great to see Bayliss, Edwards and Hayden runing in the top ten! Personally, I'd have preferred for Edwards to be up front, but I'm excited to see him do so well in the first race. I wish those three guys would have had more camera time. It got a little boring watching the 2nd and 3rd places all the time. Haga did his usual crash as expected. The guy is a lot like Ruben Xaus. Fast when he's up. And speaking of crashes, I never caught the name of the guy that hit the wall and his bike disentegrated all over the track. He was out cold and totally limp when they were scooping him onto a stretcher. Did not look good. As usual, the announcers never follow up and let us know how the person is doing. I really hate that.

:tab We have the rest of the season ahead of us, I hope more of the races have closer finishes. I hate seeing one guy do the disappearing act. I really hope Edwards and Aprilia can get his bike competitive with the likes of Rossi :twisted:

You said it, man. I sat my big butt on my couch all afternoon and watched everything from F1 through the the second AMA Superbike race. AMA 600 was a bit of a letdown, not as exciting as usual. Usually, that's my favorite.
MotoGP was just cool, and I was very impressed by Capirossi's showing on the new Duck. The Hondas are going to have to watch out for those guys. I wish Edwards would have done better, but I'll take a top 10. Haga just pisses me off. Aprilia either needs to teach him to stay up and finish a race every once in a while, or can him for someone else. Their Cube is a great bike, and I'd love to see them with some podium finishes. The guy who hit the wall is Daijiro Kato, and according to motogp.com he has serious head, neck, and chest injuries, and is in a coma in a local hospital. I hope he comes out okay, but that was a **** nasty crash.
The real show was superbike. Mladin did a spectacular job, what with getting hit with a stop and start penalty after fudging the jump off the line. The man can ride!

Now, let's all join hands and start praying for Boundless to finish construction and draw some AMA and MotoGP races to Texas.

AMA Superbike this weekend was interesting (not necessarily fun to watch, but interesting). Suzuki came out very strong. Mladin just kicked butt all over the place. Yates seems to be the Haga of AMA, or vice versa, or are they both the Xaus of their respective series'?

Seeing Mladin just eat people up on the big gixxer today made me wish one thing: that Hayden hadn't left the series. I would love to see that contest. Current honda riders just didn't seem to have it together today. Honda only got 2 thirds and I don't think they earned either. Eboz should have had it yesterday and Yates's crash gave them a 3rd today.

MotoGP was the most entertaining race today, even though the coverage was mostly the battle (if you can call it that) for 2nd place. I wanted to see Hayden and Edwards dicing it up. Ducati was looking very good with a 3rd and 5th.

And why are there so many of those Japanese Honda riders in MotoGP, but they never do a **** thing? (okay, so kato had a podium or two last year, but he was on one of the few v5s) Is it just nationalistic bias by BigH or what?

I was also pissed by the 30 minutes of F1 fluff, especially when the Superbike post-race comments got cut, but at least Speed aired all of the races. They could have just joined the 600s in progress.

Loved all the racing too. I was in the yard most of the day but I did manage to get in and see the MotoGP and the Superbike races. Looks like we are going to see another runaway by Rossi this year (yea I know its too early to really say that but just think, he did that over a field that had a lot more of the RCV211s than last year). And Mladin was just a monster.

My one question though is why is EBoz still running the ZX-7R? I understand that at Daytona they weren't comfortable with the 9R at that time, but you would have thought by now they would have gotten that worked out. Might have made it a little harder for the Gixxer to just check out from everyone else.

As for Kato in the GP race, they are now saying that his heart had stopped while he was laying on the track and that the track EMS had to recesitate right there. Man he just looked like a limp noodle, here's hoping he comes out ok.

Yeah, I hope Kato is okay. I didn't know who it was that crashed out til I read some websites last night. I can't believe they didn't redflag the race and stop it right then as they were resuscitating him on the track! The track workers threw him onto a stretcher like he was a fish they just landed. :(

The track workers threw him onto a stretcher like he was a fish they just landed.

I noticed that as well. But I guess they were thinking that getting him off the track surface proper asap was most important. I too thought they would red flag for sure. Cannot believe they didn't. When I saw how limp he was, I figured the worst. Barring some miracle, I would expect his season to be done. A real bummer. For those of you that keep track of this kind of stuff, keep us informed.

:tab Man, this is a really good example of how one second everything seems fine, and in the next instant, all the things you thought were important get tossed out the window. This thing we call life is incredibly fragile yet so many of us go through it oblivious, feeling untouchable and immortal. It is fleeting. Let that knowledge affect your priorities and you will be the better for it.

:tab If he survives, he has an unbelievable challenge facing him. I hope he rises to that challenge.

Did anyone else notice how close the wall was to the course? It looked like it was the track, the white line, an air barrier and then the wall, with no runout space or anything. Kind of strange on the outside of a chicane corner ain't it? There were several other crashes during the week including one that tore up Alex Barros' knee (amazing he could race at all on Sunday). I read somewhere that alot of the riders think that Suzuka is a very dangerous track.

Well after this weekend I can already tell the following...

MotoGp- Rossi will win the championship. He is the best rider in the world on the best bike in the world, it's already over, just don't tell the rest of the paddock ;) It will be much fun to hear Biaatchi whine about parts all year long.

AMA Superbike- Well after seeing the big gixxer blast through turns, I think Mladin will have the championship. The RC can hang but the GSXR just has gobs of horsepower. We'll see but I'm predicting the Aussie once again.

World Ducatibike, I mean Superbike- Ahh, who gives a sh*t :)

Booth, you forgot about the superstock and supersports! And what about flat track :eek:

Back