• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rider Down On 3090

nocalamari

My Email is Dead!
Reaction score
I was riding 3090 coming back toward Hwy 6 when I came upon a sportbike accident. It was about 1:30 this afternoon, and the ambulance was just leaving. The exact model of bike was hard to determine, but a fellow-rider was there on a GSXR. The ambulance was not going very fast when it left-I hope this means that there where no life-threatening injuries! Anyone know anything?

Be Safe!
Alan

:tab I have not seen anything on any of the other Houston area forums yet. I will poke around and see what I can find out. Hope the rider was not hurt to bad!

Adios,

One of my buddies I ride with got there just after it happened. I don't know any names, but he was riding a FZ1. His son was on a Hyabusha. He went off on the 15 mph turn just as you start to go down hill after the turn to the fairgrounds heading east. He was snarled in the bobwire. He was wearing an open faced helment and had some facial trauma around his right eye. When my buddies got there he was unconscious. He regained consciousness quickly, but was pretty dazed. Probably had a concussion. But overall he seemed to be ok. That's all I know.

:tab Hmmm... does not sound like anyone I know. You are referring to the first sharp corner as you are leaving Navasota that goes down and to the left? That is a nasty if you don't know about it! Glad to hear he is not too badly hurt.

Adios,

Sounds like it isn't the corner there right out of Navasota...sounds more like the first hard corner to the right going downhill on 3090 North just after the 149/3090 intersection......very tough corner to judge, especially if its your first time on that part of 3090...I know :-( .

Yeah, that is a sneaky one as well ;-)

Adios,

It was the 15mph left hand turn just after the FM3455 intersection going east on FM3090. Down hill very sharp turn. Before they repaved it had some big bumps. Now it's smooth but can be tricky esp is you don't know about it.

Wow, I went through there about that time and saw no one coming or going in that direction at all. Guessed I just missed it. Oh well. Sad to hear about the open face helmet thing. I don't understand why people wear those at all. Too many times I have seen the front of a full face completely wore through and I think man that guys face would be messed up had he had an open face. Not only that, I couldn't stand getting hit in the head with rocks. You should see my rock chips in my helmet!

On another note, Scott, were you heading outta Round Top towards Fayettville yesterday? Just saw a couple of VFRs heading that way and assumed it was some of you guys.

Was not us. I was on the Blue VFR with a GIVI topcase. Scratch was on his Triumph Sprint ST (lucifer orange) with saddle bags and tank bag. We were running East the whole time as we had started in Austin that morning in the rain :-|

Adios,

>> On another note, Scott, were you heading outta Round Top towards Fayettville yesterday? Just saw a couple of VFRs heading that way and assumed it was some of you guys<<

It might have been us. I was in a group that included 4 VFRs (2002, 1999, 1998 & a 1994) and a Blackbird.

Sure wish I knew the corner where the 2 or 3 bikes went down yesterday on 3090. We went through there yesterday morning and didn't seem to have any problems.

Back