• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

NEED IDEAS FOR TWT T-SHIRTS!!

:tab So any updates on proposed artwork?

Adios,

You got about all you're gonna get outta me. Just doing the stuff above was traumatic for me. :headbang: I'm very technical and logical and when it comes to artistic ability, I can only wish and dream. I WILL talk to the girl across the street, though, and see if she can draw a bike on a curve. She's an art student and very talented. :bow: But after that, I'll be done, spent, exhausted, toast :brainsnap ... well you get the picture.

swwwinger - Do you have the state artwork w/o the road on it?

I could play with some schemes using the state flag/outline. I have a few ideas that I could work up.

Just a few ideas/comments:

I like the use of the flag colorscheme. The brand idea is also cool. I am man enough to admit I like bluebonnets, but not creative enough to think of a way to use them on a shirt/logo.

I'd like to see a curvy road on it somehow. Maybe you could make an outline of texas with a road for the borders?

Something with a profile of a motorcyclist or something moto-related might work good for a B&W shirt.

I really like the lone motorcycle parked on an empty road in the middle of nowhere pic. Maybe something like this with the blue sky replaced by the TX flag? (Here goes my GraphicConverter skillz...)

medium.gif

Obviously with something easy to identify as a motorcycle in it, or maybe a bike across the road, kinda like this:

medium.gif

We could make a Telefonica-Movistar bike in honor of Colin Edwards :-D I also like the idea of many different logos/shirts for sportbike, dirtbike, cruiser, etc types.

I think Brian is onto something here, just add the bluebonnets/ indian paintbrushes to the roadside in the middle of no where.

I like the second one in the series, where the helmet appears to be barfing out the road :lol:

I'd third the Cafepress route once the logo is decided, it's hard to beat. You can also do group buys to drop the price if you so desire for rallys and such. Otherwise it's just awesome for onesies, as you don't have to have a stack of S, M, L, XL T-shirts in your garage waiting for orders.

My 2¢,

Daryl

Daryl, aren't you a registered user here? Forget to login? ;-)

Adios,

Hey Scott,

I'm curious to know, who's the bald guy in the purple shirt, beside a red bike with twin headlights, that appears every now and then in the pic at the top of the page?? Some of the pics you use are awesome, I'm totally jealous that you guys get to ride roads like that, with amazing scenery... :-D

:tab Hehe... I think you are referring to Garrell Herndon. In the pic he is squatting down near the front tire of his red VFR 750. This was during our ride up in Eureka Springs in Arkansas. He lives in Missouri about an hour and a half from Eureka Springs. He has daily immediate access to endless miles of perfect roads with very little traffic of anykind. We stayed with him for a long weekend in October and rode all over the place! Garrell is a real fun guy to hang out with. I don't think he is signed up here though. :shrug:

:tab Why do you ask? ;-)

Adios,

Hey red - last I heard, Garrell is still single...
:)

I'm surprised nobody's suggested an Armadillo yet.

:tab I thought about that but figured it would be hard to get one drawn so it would be recognizable as an Armadillo. However, I still like the idea if we can get it to look good.

:tab I'd still like to see some more concept images here though ;-) It seems we have a lot of idea people but few artists here, hehe.

Adios,

Hahaha guys.... I was just wonderin, that's all.... I like to put faces to names :wink: Wrong thread to post it on, but anyway..... I think something that represents the site, someone on a bike, heading up a windy road, maybe with TWT on a roadsign.... or on the back of the rider's jacket??

Tourmeister said:
Hey red - last I heard, Garrell is still single...

And a lonnggg way from Perth, Australia!

Adios,

I recall Garrell talking about his girlfriend in Singapore. That's pretty much in the same neighborhood if you look at a world atlas, and he didn't mention anything about her riding, so.... :wink:

Howdy,

:tab So now that we have some ideas, does anyone know anybody with some artistic skills that can put some drawings or sketches together for us to pick and chose from?

Adios,

Howdy,

:tab So I called the local T-shirt place today. If I buy shirts through them, there is no charge for the artwork, at least not a separate charge. If I just get the artwork from them, then we are looking at $35/hr with a minimum of 2 hours :| I can easily see that it would not take long for this to become prohibitively expensive.

:tab I am open to suggestions about how/where to get the artwork done.

Adios,

Give me a few days. I'll try to find out who did the shirts for a few of the Scouting events Chris has been to. These all had custom printing done to them.

Pete

Would it help to get a commitment and pre-pay for an order?

I would be happy to do so, if this would get the ball rolling. A poll might help to see how many are interested in really parting with the cash! :wink:

I would prefer to use CafePress for the shirts. All we have to do is submit the artwork. Then people can order as many or as few shirts as they like and I don't have to worry about having shirts stocked here. Also, with CafePress, we can put the artwork on anything they sell: coffee cups, mousepads, hats, blah blah blah...

Adios,

We used this for the XX ride, but I've got all the artwork if anyone wants to use it.

TEXXT-shirt.jpg

Back