• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How bad do you have it?

I can safely say that # 18 & 19 do not apply to me or am I in denial.

Vittorio

I think I go way beyond addict. I live in a shanty so that I can support a 2 bike habit on a low buck job. 8-)
My S.O. also loves to ride pillion with me so I get zero reality support! :lol:

Me got it BADDDD. And I am alergic to penicillan :lol:

What worries me most is what about my soon to be born child!!??

HEREDITY
Recent Harvard studies have established that heredity plays a considerable role in determining whether a person will become an abuser of motorcycles. Most abusers have at least one parent who abused motorcycles, often beginning at an early age and progressing into adulthood. Many spouses or significant others of an addict become addicts themselves.

Is there any hope for him/her?

SVinAustin said:
What worries me most is what about my soon to be born child!!??

What ever you do, don't give in to the pressure to give up the bike. BELIEVE ME, it is hard to justify another one after you do so...

This is not an addiction that you can just go cold turkey to get away.

My wife told me twice already that I was sick about motorcycles, I was in denial, but now I know my sickness is already been discovered, im not an isolated case.

By the way, MAS means "MORE" in spanish....more lean angle, more gas in the tank, more nice riding weather...ahem..

I think that the first step in overcoming any addiction is to overcome the first obstacle, which is denial...

Hmmmmmm, de Nile... If it's a river there MUST be a river road... I'd better go plan a moto-trip, just in case I'm over there....

I'm sorry, where were we?

:-)

brd said:
I can quit whenever I want.

Eck BS. And hey, I've seen 'Dunc try, hea how long did that last.

Personally I fit most of the signs, except I have actually completed several SS1000's just never got the documentation done.

I think I will have to fix that, I always wanted to see Lubbock, maybe I will go for a ride, ride through Armarillo on the way out. I figure I can average about 65 mph (including gas/food), so it should take a bit less than 1 hours to complete 1000 miles. Leave at 5am, back by 10pm at the latest. hmmmm.

I need a new license plate frame.

cheers,
Tom

A SERIOUS ILLNESS ?

O.K. some of you have it bad but that is good for me that means maybe more money will be spent on research to develope a cure. Though i believe like blade at the end of part one i will refuse to take it. Every time i hear try the six step program i make a serious effort 1 down five up.
My wife tells me that one day it will be just me and my bike but i'm not worried. :evil:

Back