• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Insurance Weirdness

Reaction score
I have had very good luck with Progressive Insurance, and they carry the policy on my 2003 ST1300 at a very competitive rate. I am almost finished with a restoration of a fun little 1977 Yamaha RD400, and needed to get insurance before I could inspect and register it. I didn't figure that it would be very expensive, as I only wanted a liability policy on the RD400; it's not a high-dollar bike, and it stays in the garage most of the time. Logged on to Progressive Direct to see how much it would increase my current rate to add another bike to the policy. Cost to insure the new bike:$20/year. Discount for now having two bikes on the same policy:$21. I added another bike to my policy, and Progressive mailed me a check for $1. Go figure. :-D

Gotta love that!! Maybe if you add enough bikes, they will pay you to insure all of them :lol:

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
Gotta love that!! Maybe if you add enough bikes, they will pay you to insure all of them :lol:

Adios,

Yeah, Scott--
My mind fairly boggled as I envisioned adding a VFR, a VStrom, and a '68 BSA. Who knows what kind of discount I might get then...

Back