• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hey Ya'll

HiSPL

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Weaver
Tim Weaver aka da new guy....

Lessee.... Uuhhh, Bikes are 81 GS750E and 83 GS1100E (project), Live in College Station..... Not an aggie, but married to one..... I work at the big school though.

I commute every day on the 750. And I take about two trips a year to the hill country with a bunch of other dinosaur GS'ers. Its the smoothest bike I've ever ridden. Even compared to another GS750 that I had....

I am 29 yo. Married for 8 years with two kids (Grace 3 and Joseph 1). I grew up in Tennessee and moved to Waco when I was 19. Lived there for 4 years before moving here.... Right smack in the middle of flat, straight road paradise :roll:

If any body here wants to get together for an afternoon ride or something shoot me an email. I'm up for any thing. However, I can't get too far away from the family with out a day pass from the warden :lol: .....

Later,
-=Tim=-

Welcome Tim, nice bikes, I Like those early 80's japanese bikes, I used to have an 82 Kawa kz 550 ltd, sweet!.

As soonestI get my bike running, I'll be making regular trips to College Station to visit my brother, maybe I give you a call to see wussup.

Once again, Bienvenido!

Hey Tim; good to have ya here.

College Station may not have the best roads around, but you're only a few minutes away from FM 3090 and FM 166. I've had a lot of fun riding those... 8-)

Hehehe.... 3090 is a blast... A short blast, but a blast just the same....

I am really pushing the envelope of my skinny tired bike right now. I'm currently in the market for some F2/F3 rims and front end to graft on to the 750. Right now it has a 19x1.5 front wheel and a 18x2.5 rear :shock: .

I had to pull my center stand a few months ago cuz it was making sparks around some corners. Now I just need 17 inch rubber in decent widths to reduce the pucker factor some ;-) ....

This all started with a simple upgrade too progressive springs in the front ;-)

Nice to hear from ya'll so quickly too...

Howdy,

Im here in College Station too, currently going to school. I dont have my bike here yet its still back home, an 78 Honda CX500. It would be nice to meet up sometime, plan to have my bike up here by next semester at the latest so it would be nice to go on some rides or somthing.

Adam

Welcome aboard. I am a fifth year junior at A&M and normally ride to school. Right now my bike is in pieces around the garage, but when I get it back together I would love to go for a ride. I need to hit 3090 again, so if you ever want a buddy let me know.

Sounds good guys. I'm up for wrenching over some cold ones too if that sounds like fun. Especially the vintage iron. I parked next to a cx500 for a couple days last week. It was cherry. Super clean and a new yellow paint job to boot. If anyone wants to check out my rusto-ride, its usually parked at Hart hall from 9-5 monday through friday. Its flat black and has no badges or other distinguishing marks. I call it the stealth bike 8-) ...

Here it is marking its territory....
Smkesho.jpeg

I made a rubber ring around my parking spot :twisted: :angel:

Yep, I have seen your bike. I used that lot when I had a class in the psychology building.

Don't hold it against me 8-) ... That bike is a real good runner. And a long distance hauler!

Nice pic... :mrgreen:

I will have to swing by there some time and scope out your bike... I used to have an 80 Suxuki GS450 and now the Honda CX500 so old iron is nothing new to me... In fact everything I have ever owned except for my Golf is older than me :lol:

Adam

FYI, your registration needs to be renewed. ;-)

And yeah, that 500 looks real nice.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek:

Yeah I know..... I just got my inspection done too. I have been working alot of overtime lately and home and family projects mean the bike gets ignored. :oops: I'll get to it real soon.... Promise :angel:

Back