• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MSF Range

Sounds like a lot of fun... Im currently wrenching on the bike though so it will be a little while yet. Just bought a 78 CX500 last week, was running and it stalled out and wouldnt restart. Narrowed it down to CDI ignition trouble and working on sorting it out, other than that it was kept inside and in great condition. I would love to join yall for a ride when I get up and running.

Adam

Ok, pardon my stupidity Adam...
Were you the Aggie engineer? I don't remember all the names. It was hard enough keeping the bike up!

Glad you found this forum though - u been on here long? These guys are great to ride with!

yes im the aggie engineer... :-D I know what you mean, you just happend to be one of the names I remembered...

I have been reading this board for several months now but havent posted much.. that should change once I get my bike going. Looking foward to going on some rides soon...

Adam

Very cool. I wanted to mention this forum at the class, but it just never came up. Cullen just kept talking there at the end about the other clubs.

If you know of any others from the class on here, give me a shout. We can all do one of Scott's newbie rides - kinda like a class reunion!

Anonymous said:
Just bought a 78 CX500 last week

Hey, V.D.N., my first bike, lo, these many, er, months ago, was an '81 CX500

cx500c_1_sm.jpg

Great, cheap way to start one's addiction, imho...

:chug:

Vee Dub... If you need any help with diagnosing or wrenching just drop me a line. I have seen all kinds of troubles with these dinosaurs. Especially with the electrics. The good news is that in about a year or so you'll know every inch of your bike. And how to go about fixing it. Even better than that is; you don't have to pull off miles of plastic and radiator to do the simple things. ;-) Heck a valve adjustment only takes about 45 minutes to do on mine :-D ....
:chug:

Thanks for the offer HiSPL... I will let you know if I run into trouble with it. Im allready pretty familiar with alot of the electrics, just need to understand how the CDI iginition ticks...

Hey buck000.. Yea cheap was what I was shooting for being in school. The old budget is being streched thin :mrgreen: As long as it gets from point a to b....

Adam

Back