• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from College Station...

Curt

Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Last Name
Slater
My name is Curt, and I'm originally from Spring, but now i live in College Station (for at least another year). April is my 2003 Aprilia RSV 1000 R ( I dont know if i'll ever be able to go back to an I4;-) ) We like to tear up the "twisties" that can be found outside of town. She's about as stock as an RSVR can be...Ohlins Suspension and steering damper, OZ wheels, and Brembos front and rear to keep things under control. I've known about TWTEX for a while (I'm a member of the Texas A&M Motorcycle Club and Scott came out to a meeting or two) but i just now got around to joining. Anyway, i'm always up for a ride...8-)

Welcome. And as my son (who's in his 2nd year at UT) would say, 'Hook Em Horns'. :-P Sorry, couldn't resist.;-)

Welcome to you as well, Curt...
Have fun and ride safe!

Well Curt -

Believe it or not, I was the president of the TAMU Motorcycle club in 1981. I had the best looking 1980 GS750E you ever saw.. Sort of a turquose color that blended to dark blue. Had a lagoon scene painted on the tank with palm trees..

As I recall, we'd ride out to a bakery in Snook at (we thought) ridiculeous speeds. We had several keg parties when it was too cold to ride. We did a dirt bike camp out in Huntsville and a spring break trip to Corpus.. I nearly died with a sunburn on that one but what a blast.

I had lots of fun doing it, but nearly flunked out..
Gess that was a long time ago. Enjoy!

Welcome Curt. The RSV is known to swear anyone off I-4's forever.
Nice bike.

Back