• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How About That DFW Weather Today?

Reaction score
First Name
Brotha
Last Name
J
So I head to the library about 9ish. I had the leather zipped up tight. About halfway there I wished to God that I had worn my balaclava. BRRRRRR!

Then this afternoon I had to do some riding to recharge my battery (left it on while playing at the park :doh:). I had on my short sleeve Icon jersey. And I was comfy! :sun:

Yup the temps overall are okay... but the wind is not cooperating. Tomorrow is lookin mighty fine though :)

Pretty much the same scenario is Austin today. I could have ridden in but my mind isn't switched on completely at 3:30a so figured it wasn't safe.

I'm working a split so I rode in this afternoon. :thumb:

According to NOAA, it looks to be the same weather through Wednesday with a slight front coming in around Thursday. They're predicting 81 for a high down here tomorrow. :eek2::sun::rider::clap:

180 miles on today cruising back roads north of Frisco. Didn't even notice the wind until I turned west and then south :eek2:.

Going to do it again tomorrow and tell old man winter to kiss my A&&.

Was great riding today, boy howdy...'cept for the wind. If the wind cooperates I might hafta do it again tommorow; the riding part not the killing my battery part.

You really can't beat the weather. I spent the last week getting snowed on and rained in various parts of the country. Makes one really appreciate this stuff. Logged a couple hundred miles yesterday and topped it off with a Blue Hanger BLT. Today, a trip to REI out near Dallas, and other errands.

Taking the visiting Texan in-law to the beach today. It will be frozen, but what the heck, we should have it all to ourselves.:lol2:

Usually keep my rides out to Justin and fm 407 to Sunday mornings. But today was just too nice. Just got back and ambient temp at one point read 82.

It was a lot of fun, really enjoyed it. Gettin the feej broken in re the higher revs and it's really starting to smooth out. such a blast :)

...I had on my short sleeve Icon jersey...

Your sig doesn't say anything about riding a gixxer. :rofl:

Work is forcing us to take some vacation before the end of the year, so i am taking tomorrow off since it appears to be the best of the rest.

Well call out folks, the wife roped me into a yard work day so no ride just raking a lot of leaves.....
I thought we had a yard guy, I guess I am he!

I had a lot of stuff to do today but the weather was so nice this afternoon I couldn't resist going for a short ride. Took my 400 out for about 40 miles of FM road fun.

Sadly I had to work all day but I did just get back from a glorious evening ride. Wish I had more time, lol. 86 today in DFW. Unfreakin-believable. Got a bunch of complements on my bike at the 7-11, from guys with families in tow who you could tell they wanted to be riding instead. :)

Oh that sucks. I keep planning to do some work on my bike, but keep waiting for the weather to get bad enough to schedule some down time. When I had my Duck (rip), I had to have a backup bike for the times it was down for repairs. :(

Hows the weather now?:eek2:

DFW METAR SPECI 100201Z (801pm) 10008KT 10SM OVC011 00/M02 A2996
In english...Weather at DFW International at 801pm Winds from the east at 8 knots, visability 10 miles, overcast skies, temp 32/dew point 28, barometric pressure 2996 inches. :eek2:

I'm from a place where I could often expect to not ride nov-mar and sometimes more. A few days here in n tx is of no moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't ride because my water pump is out. I shall remedy it Monday or Tuesday. No precipitation is expected for the next week or so. It may be a tad cool but at least my battery won't die.;-)

Actually heard a bike out running around while I was out shopping. Right after it stopped "snowing" here in south Fort Worth. It dried up quickly and stayed above freezing the whole time, so not too bad. I'm thinking of riding to work to shock everyone, lol. As long as it's above freezing. :rider:

Saw a rider today at 11a at Mockingbird and I35. Kudos to him!

Back