• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Greetings from Cuero, TX

Mustang

My Email is Dead!
Reaction score
First Name
Grady
Last Name
Trew
Greetings all!

I live in a very small community 30 miles west of Victoria called Cuero. Home of the Gobbler's and the Turkey Fest. Yep, that's right, the high school mascot is actaully a turkey; small town. Being in the heart DeWitt county, wildflower county, spring time is just fantastic. Things are really starting to come out.

If I count right, as of this posting, I've got about 18 more days left as a 30-something member, then it's graduation time. So, in preparation last October, I bought a change of pace; a 2003 Kawasaki ZR-7s.

2003_Kawasaki_ZR-7S-small.jpg

I've enjoyed it very much since I got out of the hospital. <-- I bet you can read a lot in that statement, eh? Anyway.. you need to start somewhere and since I haven't ridden in a lot of years I thought sporty traditional would be the way to learn again. Besides, dings and drops and all those totally embarassing things the newbie does are much easier deal with when they are on a pricey piece of equipment. Although I am looking forward to next October and looking at a more serious sport touring machine.

I ride as often as I can and have started meeting some really wonderful folks out there. There are really some great, and unexpected finds, out there riding motorcycles; both in people and in places. But then you all know that. *smiles*

Oh yes.. and of course.. anyone ever in the area.. I'd love to do a meet and greet.

Look forward to participating here and someday meeting some of you out on the raod. Montgomery looks like a doable ride for a bike night.. is there a Motel "cheap" in town?

Grady "Mustang"

Welcome Aboard Grady

Nice bike! You are going to ride from Cuero to Montgomey for bike night? You the man. Let me know when so I can show up. I thought riding from downtown Houston to Montgomery on a week night was a long haul.

Welcome aboard again! Great guys and gals here. Jump in like you were at home.

:chug:

Re: Welcome Aboard Grady

Greeves TFS said:
Nice bike! You are going to ride from Cuero to Montgomey for bike night? You the man. Let me know when so I can show up. I thought riding from downtown Houston to Montgomery on a week night was a long haul.

Welcome aboard again! Great guys and gals here. Jump in like you were at home.

:chug:
Well.. I'll agree with you there, it is a long ride. However, my "job" can tend to be rather flexible at times and I don't plan to come home until the next morning. In any case, it won't be the next couple of weeks.. I still have some endurance to get back in my shoulder before I can make a long ride like that. But that's the goal and I'll let ya know when I'm heading that way.

I think it would be a ton of fun to meet up with a crew like what I see here on this site. Perhaps you folks might do a coastal run someday too. *hint, hint*

Mustang

Welcome Grady!

Cuero?!?! Man, I thought I lived in a small town. :)

Actually, I've been to Cuerro. My best friend is the Information Services Director at the hospital in Victoria. He lives somewhere in that scrub out around Cuerro.

John Bennett said:
Welcome Grady!

Cuero?!?! Man, I thought I lived in a small town. :)

Actually, I've been to Cuerro. My best friend is the Information Services Director at the hospital in Victoria. He lives somewhere in that scrub out around Cuerro.

Wow... isn't it amazing how small the world get's at times. But which hospital? Victoria has 3.. well.. 2 different groups. I would guess you're talking about Citizens as I know the woman that is the IT director at DeTar.

BTW - Lufkin is the BIG city! When you're viewing it from a town of 6,000.... excuse me.. 6,353. lol

Mustang

Hello from Victoria. I have recently moved back to this area from Houston. Its funny to hear you mention Cuero, I attended High School in Goliad and the gobblers used to kick our *** every year in football.
It would be cool to meet some others from this area. Let me know if you are interested.

If somebody starts singing "It's a small world afterall" then I'm out of here! Just kidding.... unless Scott bumps me for being a smartalec.

Cool bike bro. I have always been a fan of Yellow and Black. Too bad mine wasn't available in that combo when I got it. That would have been my first choice.

Randy

Howdy K2GSXR750,

:tab Welcome to the site! Hope to see you on the road sometime. Of course, I don't usually head South for riding :-P

Adios,

texas919 said:
If somebody starts singing "It's a small world afterall" then I'm out of here! Just kidding.... unless Scott bumps me for being a smartalec.

Cool bike bro. I have always been a fan of Yellow and Black. Too bad mine wasn't available in that combo when I got it. That would have been my first choice.

Randy

Humms a few bars.. "it's a small..." lol

I was going for obnoxiously bright. I think it worked. And I really am just not a big Kawi Green fan. I say that.. and the next one I end up with will be just that collor, c'est la vie!

K2GSXR750 said:
Hello from Victoria. I have recently moved back to this area from Houston. Its funny to hear you mention Cuero, I attended High School in Goliad and the gobblers used to kick our *** every year in football.
It would be cool to meet some others from this area. Let me know if you are interested.

Welcome to the site! Finally some local, or more local, folks showing up here. We need to get some more southies on here.

We'll definitely have to hook up.

BTW - Lufkin is the BIG city! When you're viewing it from a town of 6,000.... excuse me.. 6,353. lol

Mustang[/quote]

Wow. I bet you have traffic, and everything with 6353! Do you have a Taco Bell? Movie Theatre? I have to go to Brownwood, to see a movie! Last I heard, Brady has around 5000 folks living here. And, apparently, just one motorcyclist!

TR
Brady TX

But does Brady have a Dairy Queen? No DQ, then you aren't worth putting on the map!! :-P

Adios,

We do actaully hve a DQ in Cuero.. a What-a-Burger (whoa, starting to get uptown here)... and a Sonic. Hmm... and can't forget the golden arches of McDonalds. All four food groups accounted for.

I thought if a town in Texas had a post office and a hardware store.. by law it had to have a DQ. Am I mistaken?

Bike night at Sonic in Cuero... wow.. that outta draw a serious crowd! ;)

Mustang

I was in Cuero last weekend visiting my sister and I do believe you guys have a Wal-Mart too :shock: . That alone will put you on the map. Whats next maybe a shopping mall with a Foleys. ewwwww Or no a Starbucks!!!

HEHE :-P I am new to the board too. I just had to put my 2 cents because I was in that town a week ago.

maldf4rider said:
I was in Cuero last weekend visiting my sister and I do believe you guys have a Wal-Mart too :shock: . That alone will put you on the map. Whats next maybe a shopping mall with a Foleys. ewwwww Or no a Starbucks!!!
Actaully they are putting in a Jiffy Lube type of place next to Tejas Cafe. Guess we'll have to wait a while for the Starbuks and the shopping mall. But Foleys? hmmm lol

maldf4rider said:
HEHE :-P I am new to the board too. I just had to put my 2 cents because I was in that town a week ago.

Welcome! To the site.

Back