• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Blizzard of 2011

wow. there's a bunch of uptight definition-nazis, here. let's just say it's frigging cold all over the state. in fact, houston is expecting a "blizzard" thursday and friday.;-)

I love the pictures. Its 82 deg and a beautiful day here. I'll be wearing shorts thank you. :-) :thumb:

Its 82 deg and a beautiful day here.

Then I guess you're NOT at home because it's 19 degrees in Katy at the moment.

I was checking a few hours ago and it was colder in Central Texas than it was in Chicago or Milwaukee.

Then I guess you're NOT at home because it's 19 degrees in Katy at the moment.

I was checking a few hours ago and it was colder in Central Texas than it was in Chicago or Milwaukee.

yep. it's 20 right now here in Kingwood. maybe his thermostat is set to 82.

anybody know the condition of the little rock, texarkana, tyler area? I have to drive back that way some time today and it is starting to snow in north arkansas right now

3 degrees this morning. Even the dogs wanted back in the house after 10 minutes outside.

It amazes me how tough birds are though. They seem totaly unaffected by the heat, cold or rain. Yesterday during the heaviest snow and wind they were still out in droves at the feeders. Even this morning with sub-zero wind chill they seem just as happy and hungry as ever.

Last night, it was projected to be colder today in Houston than in Moscow. HA! :lol2:

Edit: Just checked temps - now: Houston - 22 and Moscow - 28. :thpt:

Rolling blackouts statewide. :eek2:

Our office was closed yesterday and today. Even if it wasn't, I wasn't gonna make the 25mi trip after seeing footage about I30/Loop12

3 here, windchill -15. About a foot of snow, big drifts. Haven't left the house. Posted photos on Wild Goose board. 76 here on Saturday. Snowed in, working by blackberry.

Our office was closed yesterday and today. Even if it wasn't, I wasn't gonna make the 25mi trip after seeing footage about I30/Loop12
I made the trek yesterday and today. I skipped out on the interstates though and stuck to the surface streets. Actual road conditions might not be any better but the number of morans is much lower. :mrgreen:

The Buff I (normally worn under my helmet) might look funny as I walk into work, but my ears, face, and neck are toasty warm when I get inside. Can the people with pretty hair exposed to the cold air say that? :trust:

anybody know the condition of the little rock, texarkana, tyler area? I have to drive back that way some time today and it is starting to snow in north arkansas right now

Tyler is perfectly fine, just a bit cold. Yesterday was another story. My 70 mile ride on the bike was a bit treacherous.

3 here, windchill -15. About a foot of snow, big drifts. Haven't left the house. Posted photos on Wild Goose board. 76 here on Saturday. Snowed in, working by blackberry.

Hey John!

Thought about you yesterday when my buddy in Piedmont was telling me about his 4' snow drifts.

Hey John!

Thought about you yesterday when my buddy in Piedmont was telling me about his 4' snow drifts.

we missed the snow you all had a few weeks ago....I was laughing about it. Pay backs are heck on TWT.

Looks like Piedmont was aptly named.

3 degrees this morning. Even the dogs wanted back in the house after 10 minutes outside.

It amazes me how tough birds are though. They seem totaly unaffected by the heat, cold or rain. Yesterday during the heaviest snow and wind they were still out in droves at the feeders. Even this morning with sub-zero wind chill they seem just as happy and hungry as ever.
My dog went 10' out the door, turned around and wanted right back in. She had this :brainsnap look on her face.:rofl: Bunch of buzzards flew by earlier like it was just another day in the sun. Stupid!!
The power went off a couple times this morning and now the water pump quit.:headbang: Thank God for gas logs huh?;-)

CIMG4816.jpg

Birds are just too dumb to know it's cold. And really, what can they do about it? :lol2:

our office has been closed for the past two days.. I am still having to work from home and I will have to run into the office tomorrow.. but then I head out to LA for 5 days. hope this stuff will be gone when i get home..lol

Birds are just too dumb to know it's cold. And really, what can they do about it? :lol2:

Fly south?

Temp up to 56"F yesterday afternoon, rainfall rate at 0.3in/hr, wind 10-12mph steady from south. Stayed that way until about 6:00PM. By 6:15PM, 40*F, no rain, wind 20-25 gusting to 60 from the west. 7:00AM temp down to 21*F, snowing, wind 15-20 from the west-northwest. Currently 25*F, light snow, wind 5-10 from the west.

I love global warming. :giveup:

Now that's a snow drift. Notice that there's nothing on the ground around the chair but look how deep it gets. We used to get that in Cleveland. There was never any snow by our side door which opened onto our driveway. Just the other side of the driveway was the neighbors house and the snow would be all blown up against the side of their house. The people across the street had it bad. Their houses were lined up opposite of ours so the snow blew up against their doors. Sucks.

IMG_0707.JPG

Beautiful here in Huntsville. Chilly to be sure. On the way in to work this morning I passed by a park-n-ride lot on the edge of town. It had about 25 of those power line trucks with the cherry picker baskets and long trailers for hauling power poles. They were all taking turns gassing up at a local station and topping off their coffee mugs. We're not predicted to get any potential nastiness until Friday, so I guess they are staging here before heading North.

Back