• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Advanced Riding Course in Magnolia

Reaction score
To any one interested,

A+ Rider in Magnolia will set up a group Advanced Riding Course in Magnolia if there are a minimum of 6 people interested. This is the course that you ride your own bike. My insurance company will give me a 10% discount if I take the ERC. I think it is good for 3 years. You need to call your insurance company to see if they will give the discount. If there are enough people interested at TWT, maybe we can go to school as a group. It is one day and last around 7+ hours.

I'd be interested - please keep us posted.

Advanced Riding Course in Magnolia (Cont'd)

Please let me know if anyone is interested in this class. If we can get 6 or more riders interested, the price will be 60 instead of 75. Let me know and some doable dates.

Advanced Riding Course in Magnolia (Cont'd)

I need a serious head count for the Advanced riding course in Magnolia. The two dates in question are April 10 or April 24. We need 6 riders to qualify for the rate discount. Let me know if you are interested and chose the date you want to attend. The time is 700 to 100. If needed to start later, they can start at 800. Please let me know so I can firm up the date.

I'm will attend either date and the ealier the start time the better IMO.

Can you tell us what all be need to bring, min. equipment requirements, etc.

Thanks

Either date or time is good for me. Dealer's choice.

ARC in Magnolia

It looks like the date will be 10April (Easter Weekend) on a Saturday. We have more than enough to take the course. I will set everything up Monday. If you decide you'd like to change the date due to Easter let me know. For the necessary equipment, check out their website.

www.aplusrider.com

ARC in Magnolia 4/10/04

Well I need to know no later than tomorrow morning if you are interested. The class size is 6 to 12. Right now I believe we have 6 but I need a final count.

The class will be held on April 10, 2004 (Saturday) in Magnolia from 700 am to 100 pm.

Ted, do we need to pay and register at the A Plus Rider website?

Register for ARC

Paul (Everyone else too),

I set up a class with CJ for the Advanced Riding Class in Magnolia for 10April. The phone number there is 1-800-410-4549 and the class is under Two Wheeled Texans. She will charge $60 instead of $75. She can take your credit card number and then will send you a confirmation letter that you sign for authorization. This gets faxed back to her. If this doesn't work let me know.

Still Room for ARC

There is still room for riders who want to take the ARC (MSF) in Magnolia. There are 6 but 6 more can be added. After the course you will can possibly get a 10% discount off insurance. Due to unplanned business trip to South Africa, I might have someone go in place.

BTW, you may learn a riding manuever that could get you out of a bad situation.

I am also out of town on the 10th but wouldn't mind doing this sometime. Never hurts to hear something you already know and might have forgotten or learn something new. Plus I am all about paying the insurance leeches less.
So if anyone wants to try this for a later date, let me know!

I would like to take an advanced course as well, but wont be available for this one. Maybe we should try to set one up in the summer, or if its too hot to get many people we could wait till fall.

Well...

I have openings in my ERCs for May 22, May 23, June 12, June 13, and August 21. This is in Amarillo, so it shouldn't be too hot or too humid (but you can never be sure) :shock:
If anyone is having trouble getting into a BRC, I should have plenty of places up here also. :eek:

Drat....

I'm going to be out of town this weekend.

I hope there is another one of these in the near future.

ARC in Magnolia

Kelly,

I can help you and others setup another ARC in Magnolia. Six riders are a minimum and you get a discount. Let me know if I can help.

Live from Johannesburg, South Africa......

Ted,

I'll definetly take you up on your offer another time. Hopefully I'll be able to recruit a few students too.

Cheers,

Many thanks to you Ted, for setting the ball rolling on this class. I actually enjoyed the event despite the beastly hour that it started. Or would have started, had I got there on time. ;-)

ARC in Magnolia

Hey Regulators,

The ARC was well the time. Even after riding many years, I picked up some new techniques that could make a difference. Uncle Sonny was entertaining and wasn't anal about many things. This man wears many many hats (ie, tree surgeon, engineer, defensive driving instructor, etc).
Would recommend it to refresh you and maybe remember something long forgotten. I still had a problem with counter steering. The race schools I went to told me not to do that. But I will practice it just in case.

It was great afterwards meeting with Buddy, Willie, Ron, Tyler, and Paul and just shooting the breeze while enjoying some good Mexican food. Great choice Ron. It always helps to put faces with names.

If anyone wants to put one of this together, get with me and I will help.

I also wanted to thank you Ted for getting this together. Was long overdue for me. I also wanted to echo Paul's and Ted's posts - the class was informative the instructer added quite a bit of flair and shared some "war" stories.

And we got to meet each other and had a great lunch. After lunch we tried to get ya'll to come with us. Pual, Will and I rode up 149 through the forest after lunch, You know, to offset the 6 hours of low-speed riding - always fun -
Thanx again and nice to have met ya'll, yes even the guy with the HD.

Back