• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Apparently on your anniversary when your wife asks you....

gixxerjasen

Wow
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Just a helpful tip I learned today...

Apparently on your anniversary when your wife asks you how long you have been married, the correct answer should not have the word "long" in it, even if you do happen to get the number correct.

q: how long have we been married?
a: 8 long years.
:rofl:

Also applies to "How long have we been together?" "12 long years."

You should have learned that a long time ago.

Also, take the advice our preacher gave us once: "Learn from my mistakes. A vaccuum cleaner is not a good anniversary gift." :lol2:

Sure it should.

Wife. You know our 28th is coming up?

Me. Wow, 28? Doesn't seem that long.

"It's been 6 wonderful years of marriage"

"Honey, we've been married 7 years"

"A day here and there add up to one year when it wasn't so wonderful"

:doh:

I'm always amazed at how long it has been. 25 years this June, and it just doesn't seem possible it has been that long.

My wife actually asked for a swifter one year for Christmas. I thought she was crazy to think I would buy that for her for a gift. Her mom ended up buying it for her for Christmas and she was happy to get it. I will never understand women.

Something else to remember. Never, ever turn to your wife in utter amazement and say "Geez, I never thought I would be sleeping with a grandmother". Trust me, you ain't gonna be for awhile!

I bought my wife a cookbook for our anniversary one year.
No, wait, let me explain (I had to say that after she opened her present).
She described her summer long vacations spent at her grandmothers house in San Antonio, all of the wonderful things that her gm would make to eat, and how she wished that she could remember to make those foods for our family.
Well, Rick Bayliss knows.
It shows that I was listening doesn't it? Apparently not because she told me to never buy her any appliance as an bday or anniversary, and a cookbook undisputedly qualifies.

James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something else to remember. Never, ever turn to your wife in utter amazement and say "Geez, I never thought I would be sleeping with a grandmother". Trust me, you ain't gonna be for awhile!

:lol2:

Try that when you have grandkids and marry a 26 year old woman. I tried to get her to enter a 'sexiest grandma' competition locally. That didn't go over real well. :thumbd:

I was told that if it came with a warranty, it wasn't a real present.:giveup:

10 happy years.....but we have been married 23:eek2:

Still sporting the bruise

10 happy years.....but we have been married 23:eek2:

Still sporting the bruise

Anyone ever wonder what really happened to Moose's Leg?

I'm taking some notes, but an ATV has a warranty.

Actually, when we were married about a year, I bought my wife a washer and dryer, and she loved it. Sure beat going down to the laundromat.

This year I got her a goat to be given away in Honduras. It's through a charity we support called Bread for a Hungry World. She got a t-shirt, though. And it was what she wanted.

Her: How long have we been married?

Me: Doesn't seem like a day over 140 years.

We both laugh.

My wife has a great since of humor, I know this for sure because she married me. Take every day as a gift. As stated, you never know when tomorrow won't come.

Back