• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Idle Question...

Reaction score
I'm not that mechanically gifted, so please bear with me if this is a stupid question... :uhoh:

Normally when I warm up my bike it idles at 2k for a few minutes then, once warmed up, drops to a steady idle at 1500rpms. Today, after riding for about 2 hours, we stopped for a quick break and when I started my bike up, which was still warm, it was idling at 2k again. Then when I got home I let it idle for about 10 minutes to see if it would drop and it's constantly staying at 2k now...

Do I just need to adjust my idle or could this be something different? :ponder:

I wouldn't touch the idle. Could be something as simple as a dirty air filter to a sensor going out. Does it idle down after you blip the throttle?

Everything was ok this today... not sure what was going on on Friday, but it seems to have ironed itself out. :lol2:

Back