• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

NEED IDEAS FOR TWT T-SHIRTS!!

bluedogok said:
Here is a possible logo for t-shirts.

Looks like we've got a winner! 8-)

That looks like it will work great on printed documents (and of course, the web) but to make it a little easier to reproduce on shirts and caps, can the graduated blue tint background and drop shadow effects be removed?

I did it in Photoshop, so it is sorted in layers. I would have to do something to get a border around the white part of the state. I will work on it and post something when I get it cleaned up.

As long as we don't use white shirts or a white background on anything else we put it on, it will self border ;-) Of course some kind of border would probably look better. I would guess that black might be easiest?

Adios,

I'm surprised that no one's thought of the road sign by Orange TX that says; Orange 35 miles, El Paso 856 miles (or something like that).... I've always loved that sign.

One of my favorite quotes by a friend of mine: Texas, miles and miles of..... miles and miles. :lol:

We used to drive a truck together all over the state. It was very boring...

Tees

i like the design submitted by bluedogok (it rocks), but not all of us ride sport bikes.
maybe we could have a design for sportbikers, cruisers and touring folks.
the nice part is that the rest of the image would remain the same (read "unity"),
but leave room for bike-choice ("individuality").
my $0.02

-skully

Howdy Skully,

:tab Nice to see you come out of lurk mode ;-) Your suggestion is a good one. All we need is the silohuettes for those other bikes to plug into the pic. Dang, I guess that means we also need an adventure touring silohuette :-P

Adios,

ok. making a note on my calendar that i had a good idea.
[doesn't happen very often]

i took a stab at modifying the image with a cruiser silhoutte, but the outcome looked like something a grade-schooler did....
someone with at least _some_ amount of skill will have to gin it up.

i'd be interested in a twtex shirt. always happy to sport Texas colors.
maybe i could add "lurker" on the back of my shirt, just to personalize it.
:lol:

-cheers-
-skully

Ok, it's been months and months, and T shirt weather is here....when can I buy mine?? We have the technology...we have the concept...lets make it happen! (uh, I mean, someone with the knowhow, and ability, as I can barely put a T shirt on by myself! )
TR
Brady TX

Incorporate the Bluebonnets, a branding iron, windmills etc. How about these in the foreground and the road winds off into the distance through some low hills like a winding ribbon. I actually wrote a poem entitled "Winding Ribbons of Road."

From a design perspective, I always appreciate it when both long or short-sleeved t-shirts have details other than the primary graphic on the front or back.

I'd like to see something on the sleeve. Having something reflective might make sense. Also, placement of a graphic can make a big difference, such as running something across the shoulders or on the tail of the shirt. I think seeing TWTEX.COM somewhere on a shirt is important to encourage others to ask about it, or otherwise lurk, or join.

First day back from vacation and trying to get inspired ...

Attachments

• TWT_Logo FlagWire.jpg
    TWT_Logo FlagWire.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 127
From a design perspective, I always appreciate it when both long or short-sleeved t-shirts have details other than the primary graphic on the front or back.

I'd like to see something on the sleeve. Having something reflective might make sense. Also, placement of a graphic can make a big difference, such as running something across the shoulders or on the tail of the shirt. I think seeing TWTEX.COM somewhere on a shirt is important to encourage others to ask about it, or otherwise lurk, or join.

Same here, I usually never wear them unless they have a pocket. Hard to find these days.

Holy crap, you guys realize this thread is from 2004 right?

Yes ... most of the links to files are broken. That was my first clue.

Just needed to exercise my brain a bit.

:tab But I am watching... ;-)

:tab In the past I have done batches of shirts and I end up with lots of leftovers in odd sizes. In fact, I have quite a few right now. Everyone says, "Do something other than black!" and then everyone wants to know if I have anything in black... :doh: That gets expensive. I have also done the prepay thing where everyone pays for what they want by a certain date and then I have them made. That works fairly well. I have done black, tan, blue, and red shirts.

:tab Over the years my biggest problem has been finding someone that can do good original artwork, versus just using clip art type stuff, AND that is actually reliable at getting me the artwork when they say they will, even when I offer to pay for it. I guess the artsy types are just kind of flaky :shrug: :-P By original art, I mean I like stuff that is hand drawn and not just something cut and pasted together from a library of images. I've rarely seen any of the latter that I have liked.

:tab Artwork with multiple colors is expensive because you are charged PER color. However, 2-3 colors is usually not too bad. You just have to keep in mind that the design will look different depending on what color the shirt is. What looks good on one color may not look so good on another.

:tab I tried doing the CafePress.com deal for a while. Few people used it and their cut is so high that I make very little unless I charge a LOT for something like a T-shirt.

:tab I prefer the silk screen shirts versus the iron on type. They tend to last longer and breath better at the point where the artwork is located.

Scott, do you have a list of what you have? Is XXL considered an odd size?

It has been a while since I last looked at what I have left. I'll try to get out what I have and see what sizes I have. Most of the L, XL, and 2XL are gone. I have some S, M and I think even a 3XL or two. Not sure about colors, black or tan were the only options.

Armadillo?

Here's a concept I did for my club (it was rejected so the idea is still available)

I used the Texas Roadhouse armadillo to show my idea, but you can catch my drift with any armadillo.

Attachments

• BMWDFW Logo (640x375).jpg
    BMWDFW Logo (640x375).jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 125
Back