• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

First track day! 3/1/2003

brd

Reaction score
Did my first ever track day (well, open roadcourse, I guess) this saturday. What an absolute BLAST!
I cannot believe how much fun it was or that I waited this long to do one.

I posted a (long) write-up of it here:
first track day

The viffer was absolutely wonderful. (The straightaway wasn't long enough to notice anything but the largest HP disparities.) Still, if I were to get serious about track riding, I'd have to get a 600, I think. Man those things are nimble.

Best $15 I ever spent. They're supposed to be running more of them this year. For more info, www.sportbikehype.com is the organization that hosted it.

Brian Duelm
Euless, TX
97 VFR

Can't get to the report!

Howdy,

That link won't work for me :shrug:

Adios,

Re: Can't get to the report!

Tourmeister said:
Howdy,

That link won't work for me :shrug:

Adios,

Hrm, it just worked for me now. I think that site is slow and overworked sometimes. Might just try it again.

Brian Duelm
97 VFR
Euless, TX

Oh my!

Howdy,

She asked how it was and I blurted out, "That was probably the most fun I have ever had."

BBBZZZZTTTT!!!! Wrong answer! :shame:

You should have said, "Next to marrying you...that was probably the most fun I have ever had." :kiss:

Then you'd score major brownie points and she'd want you to go again :wink:

Ahhh... the folly of youth :shrug:

Great report, makes me want to go!

Adios,

Hey BRD, you sound like you could be hooked.

I have been to about 20 track days on my 98 VFR800.

Two good track shools around now. http://www.ridesmart.info and http://www.lonestartrackdays.com.

Ride Smart will let you take their course ("c" level only) wearing 2 piece textiles like you have. They have a school at Cresson Motorsport Ranch and Texas World.

At Cresson, I have seen speeds around 110 on the straight-a-way coming into rattlesnake. Most fun has been at Texas World in College Station. I've seen 160mph on the speedo coming into turn 1. It sure is fun to surprise people with what the fat VFR is not suppose to do (especially one with 45,000 miles on it). :D

Learn to be smooth and the confidence will follow. The track is the best place to learn.

Take care.

Back