• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

new ama roadracing classes

brd

Reaction score
From http://www.amasuperbike.com/2003-Apr/030421b.htm

Superbike: 900cc-1000cc four-stroke, any number of cylinders.

Supersport: 600cc four-stroke, twin and four cylinders.

Formula Xtreme: 600cc four-stroke, four cylinders; 750cc four-stroke, twin cylinders;

250cc-330cc two-stroke. All highly modified.

Superstock: 750cc-1000cc four-stroke, four cylinders; up to 1350cc air-cooled twin cylinders

I'm not sure what to make of them, yet.

Thoughts?

I wonder why they keep the twostrokes at all? Is it so the factories can continue to develop their weedeater motors? :-P

I think state side only the Aprillia is available (RS250). Other than that it is all imported Euro versions, but all the Jap companys make 2 strokes. They just sell them in Europe or Asian markets only:( I think a modified 2 stroker would be a hoot :twisted: , but the extra $ for a specilized toy as that is not in my near future :roll:

in praise of two strokes. . .

I started out riding two strokes-a '72 Suzuki 250 enduro, then a 1975 550 cc three cylinder GT 550. Too bad they can't meet Federal air quality standards so they can sell them here. That 550 was REAL fast even if it did sound like a swarm of bees!

Back