• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ohlins

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Blaschke
I finished installing the Ohlins Adventure shocks on my R1150GS tonight. Boy, they do make it taller. I am going to have to grow my legs another couple of inches now.

Went down the street and back. Just to park it on the other side of the Garage.
I still have to modify the side stand. The center stand seems to work, but not a whole lot of pressure on it. And both tires are touching the ground. Not optimal, but will work until I get back from Florida.

Can't wait to see how well the shocks soak up the bumps on the Lousiana roads.

I look forward to hearing the report!

Adios,

Not sure how exciting the report will be. At least on the way there, I am going to have to burn up I-10.

Speaking of burning up a straight road, I am replacing my rear Anakee because the tread is worn down to the wear bars in the middle. There is lots of tread on the edges. I am thinking about saving the tire and putting it back on for a track day.

:tab I meant a report about how well the suspension works. I've been down every single mile of I-10 from end to end and there is scarely a mile or more worth mentioning!

Adios,

I will let you know. One thing for sure, it feels way taller.
It also felt softer when I first sat on it.

After I get back from FL, maybe we can get together and you can check it out.

Your shocks will break-in in about a month. The stiction will go away and you won't believe your but about how good it feels. Good choice.

I just bought an R1100SA and have some Ohlins on the way. Can't wait to put them on and break them in.

Back