• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Thinking about this bike - What do YOU think?

Reaction score
This looks decent to me. I'd love some experienced opinions.

'98 DR650

He's asking $2400, which is about $400 below Kelly blue book retail.

Seller says: Bike is in excellent condition. Includes skid plate, progressive springs, jet kit, heavy duty 4mm tubes, headlight guard, and upgraded starter. 13k miles

:shock:

:tab I think you need to ignore it, then I think Scratch needs to buy it so he can go backroad exploring all over the place here in the National Forests with me :-P Otherwise it looks like a nice bike ;-) You should visit the Advrider.com site and ask about them in the Thumper forum. They will tell you all about the shortcomings and strong points of the bike.

Adios,

Seven years old, never that popular a model...I'd offer $2K tops, and show him 20 $100 bills. Cash is hard to refuse. If he says no, walk away.

Then call him in about an hour, saying you're at a gas station and just wanted to make sure he didn't want the cash.

My 2¢,

Daryl

Interesting, uber, that's exactly the figure and strategy my wife suggested (just on principle, she knows nothing about bikes :-) ).

As far as asking on advrider.com, it looks like HiSPL has similar thoughts, earlier... :chug:

Too funny...

My wife taught me negotiating skills...

On our honeymoon we left a store and were walking back to the bus. The "manager" came running out to us, and said if we paid cash (yuan) she'd take the offer for the dress.

I generally get a price in mind that I think is fair, and if I get to that price I'm happy.

Wifey on the other hand, wants to dredge every last penny out of their clasped hands.

Last vehicle we bought, she wanted to go with a ridiculous offer. It was 10% below the discounted price. I thought, "No way". They called and said as long as we bought before the end of the month (which was also the end of the quarter) they'd take it. She has yet to let me live it down.

So, you can always offer more, but you can't go back and offer less ;-)

Daryl

Tourmeister said:
:tab I think you need to ignore it, then I think Scratch needs to buy it so he can go backroad exploring all over the place here in the National Forests with me :-P Otherwise it looks like a nice bike ;-) You should visit the Advrider.com site and ask about them in the Thumper forum. They will tell you all about the shortcomings and strong points of the bike.

Adios,

Hey! Do I ever tell you how to spend your money? :-?

O.K., don't answer that... :mrgreen:

If you can beat him down a little, go for it buc. I likes dem DR650's. 8-)

Hey, if you decide you don't want it, I'm interested in it. PM me the info if you decide not to buy it.

Hood Ornament said:
Hey, if you decide you don't want it, I'm interested in it. PM me the info if you decide not to buy it.

Sorry, I just emailed back with an agreed-upon price (a bit above my offer, but I'm ok with it, pending actually seeing the sucker)... 8-)

Back