• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

thanks, thats what loaded when i cliked on your "Where I ride" link. Its all good. Keep the shiny side up!:rider:

Hope to ride again today or tomorrow. It is 70 degrees with light North wind again. Just
unbelievable January riding weather. Never knew when I bought the bike the bike in Dec.
I would have almost 2K miles by Feb 1st....

Went on a long ride yesterday to some local lakes that should be under snow this time of year.

I really like the nice weather but I bought a ski pass this year and have not used it yet.

Went out and rode in the Sam Houston National Forest yesterday. It was 67 degrees,
light wind, dang near perfect riding weather. Not normal but just amazing for January
in SE TX. Usually it is 45 degrees with drizzle. May be a long hot summer. I hope not...

Long live the GSX, eh, I mean "the Bandit 1250" with full fairing and ABS....
If I remove the fairing and add a single headlight what will it be then? A
Naked Bandit??

January is Gone, Bring on February. Had two great days of riding the Bandit in the last 3 days. One trip of 174 miles and about 130 miles yesterday ( didn't look at the ometer upon landing ). Great way to finish off the Month. Getting use to the Zumo 550 after using the 267C for many years. Radar painted me 3 times yesterday but great pre warnings took care of that even though I may have been just a few mph over/under, I do love knowing they are there.

Finally got my bandit out of the shop, all repairs done, inspection passed, got tags from DMV. Took a quick ride around before going to work and no more clunking in the front end when going over bumps. Anyway, just wondering if those mirror extenders really work? I got mostly arms and elbows in both my mirrors when riding.

Anyway, just wondering if those mirror extenders really work? I got mostly arms and elbows in both my mirrors when riding.

They do help. And, I position the arms straight out from the bike , then adjust the mirrors.

What was causing the clunking?

Stem bearings were bad. The person who installed them previously apparently did not do the job correctly. Now she's nice and smooth.

I also have the mirror extensions and they help as I can actually use the mirrors to see more then my elbows! :D I got mine from ebay but it seems the black already faded but ahh well its all about function at this point! :)

Suzuki no longer calls it a Bandit but that is what it is with a full fairing and ABS.
So Suzuki wants you to call it a GSX1250FA (full fairing/ABS). I do not think they are
GSX-R mirror's as they have turn signal's in them. Whatever they are, all I see out of
mine is my elbows. Only pick I have on the whole bike, really. Tried adding bar end
mirrors and they look stupid....

Anyway, just wondering if those mirror extenders really work?

They sure do! I got real tired of seeing nothing but shoulder & elbows. I purchased mine from Metrick Metal. They are very easy to install and are highly adjustable:

http://shop.metrickmetal.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=51

Dale Walker also sells mirror extenders which are simple spacers that shove the mirror out further. Look under Suzuki Bandit 1250/Touring products to see a picture of them mounted:

http://www.holeshot.com/

I got my tank bag today! Went with the Recon 19(magnets) and it fits nicely and has more room that I thought it would. Won't have to ride with the back pack on now. Still need to get those mirror wideners though.

So, should I go with the powder coated aluminum or the black delrin? only $1.50 difference in price. Does it even make a difference?

Pics of the bag mounted? I still am trying to decide if I want one or not before our next big run in June. I also wondered about removal for gas stops, etc.

I also wondered about removal for gas stops, etc.
The simple reason I 've run Magnetic Bags for the last 70,000 miles or so. I would of had them on my last 2 BMW R11**Gss but I had plastic tanks on them.

Sorry, no pics yet but check out "Rollinrob"s pic on page 389. He's got the same bag.

picture.php

Last edited:
The simple reason I 've run Magnetic Bags for the last 70,000 miles or so. I would of had them on my last 2 BMW R11**Gss but I had plastic tanks on them.

Andy, has the tank bag with the magnets affected the paint on your tank in any way? I've heard some people caution others to be carefull to not let the magnets pick up any bits of metal while it is off the tank. I'm just wondering if there is any wear on the paint even without picking up any bits of metal.

Also what is everyone's favorite tank bag? I'm looking for one of the smaller ones with a map pocket on top and big enough to carry a camera, bottle of water, etc. I already have the full top and side case setup.

And lastly, do they all fade after a couple of years of occasional use or is there something out there that really resists fading?

Back