• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dirty McDirty Sunday at Meunster

Marty

My Email is Dead!
Reaction score
SO LETS GET IT OOOONNNNN I know the sidewinder is this day but for those of us that cant make it, lets get it!! :pirate:

The temps and weather will be PERFECT :bigokay:

Sat
Feb 25 Few Showers
57°/37° 30%
57°F

Sun
Feb 26 Mostly Sunny
56°/33° 10%

Unless a dramatic change happens with Sidewinders weather, all of us will be at good ol Muenster. It's gonna be oodles of fun :rider:

It's an Enduro race South of Austin.
I'll there as well.
And there will be a pretty good contingent from the TSBA that don't have out here.

Good luck with that. I don't think I'm ready for competitive riding yet.

I've obviously confused people.
I will be at Muenster, not attending the Sidewinders Enduro.

letsride is the only person in this thread that is planning an attack of that circuit.
The rest of us are going to Muenster.

If any of you are interested in going us, we'll be here:

http://www.mts.net/~dcarlson/tsbadirtparking.jpg

That's a pretty satellite image marked up to show where we park.

Count me in for Red River! I'll be in a red Tacoma, on the XR400, rain or shine.

Here are a few pics from Muenster today. Late last night my brother-in-law decided he wanted to head up there with me and take his new Suzuki 700 4-wheeler out there. He grew up riding MX bikes and used to ride up there.

I have never really ridden in mud like that before. The MZ had a mind of its own at times. It settled down a bit towards the afternoon, that or I was just used to it.

At one point my brother-in-law got on my bike for a bit. He couldn't believe how heavy it was. He thought I was crazy for riding it out there.

I am trying to get a lighter bike.....

Here is Kirk in some of the soup:
kirkmud9xv.jpg

Kirk airing out the 700:
kirkjump8jm.jpg

Me climbing a small slick hill:
mzclimb5xr.jpg

Again:
mzclimb26gk.jpg

And the 660cc in the soup:
mzmud1il.jpg

Sorry we didn't stop by and say hello, but we ran out of time.

Cheers,

tp

There were quite a few riders out today. I rode with a friend towards Decater this afternoon...the weather was beautiful for riding. The calm after the storm!

I saw a few of you mud dobbers coming home today. Looks like a blast.
The bikes on trailers were caked and everyone gave a dirty thumbs up.

I gotta start reading these posts. We were out in the mud as well. A buddy came down from Tulsa and we got dirty. He posted some pictures here. http://www.tulsadirtriders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=442&start=30

It does not matter what you ride when you get into that slick wet clay they all have a mind of their own. We got back into some of the sandier single track and had a good time. Ours were the only tracks on a lot of the stuff we hit.

A HORRIBLE day of dirtbike riding beats the heck out of a good day sitting at home.

Fun was had by most.

A few had mechanical challenges.

Marty, have you cleaned out the KTM yet?

I proved yesterday how much torque a KDX has. Pulled Marty on his KTM200 to get it started and his didn't pull in the clutch a few times so I was starting his bike from dead.

Man I love my new bike.

Loving my new bike too! That fly wheel weight makes a difference. I was able to chug up hills with out slipping the clutch nearly as much. The best thing is it still has tons of power to scare the crap out of me. :rofl:

Back