• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Riding boots

Wow! They've gone up again? I recently saw them at Motoliberty for $270. Although, I got mine for $240, tax included. ;-) That was four years ago too... :shrug:

Adios,

Scott,

Now that you have come over to the dark side, you will have to get you some Daytona TransOpen GTX's. I think I payed about $310 for them at Helimot.com. They are comfortable and have nice steel toe caps for making sparks at night.

Good protection. Waterproof and over priced.

Hey, Randy, try talking to Denise in Lone Star BMW's accessories dept. I dunno if it'll help, but tell her that Paul (with the red aprilia) just raves about how cool and sweet and sharp and great she is (which is all true, btw), and maybe you can get a better price than 295... In any event, I'll probably get my Sidi's from her when I decide to buy some...

Hey, Randy, try talking to Denise in Lone Star BMW's accessories dept. I dunno if it'll help, but tell her that Paul (with the red aprilia) just raves about how cool and sweet and sharp and great she is (which is all true, btw)...

Yeah Denise helped me size my Arai helmet when I bought the bike there. She was very helpful.

I do need to get some boots but I've been in an accessorizing frenzy lately and need to pace myself.

I just bought some Xarnac HID Auxilliary driving lights on sale from AutoBarn and then got an AutoSwitch/Relay/Harness from MicaTech. I can't wait to get my Wunderlich bar installed so I can add the lights.

The boots will definitely be the next purchase. :-D I'm thinking about the Sidis GT Sympatex. I tried on my brother's Daytona TransOpen GTX's and they are very comfortable, but the metal toe caps make it look like you're in a punk band.

:tab The GTs are great for street riding. I would get MX boots for the offroad stuff. My GTs are old so I am not too worried about the abuse they are getting right now because I plan to replace them anyway. However, if they were new, I would definitely NOT be wearing them for some of the riding I have been doing since getting the GS. They don't like being put out while you are sliding around a gravel corner :roll: It eats up the sole.

Adios,

Well...

Well,<<<<"It eats up the sole. ">>>> may be...but it fills the soul! :-D

It definitely keeps the heart beating!! :shock: It's not a bad tushie toner either :-P

Adios,

So you're saying I need two types of boots? Daily road riding boots and off-road GS rding boots? Or are you saying get the racey 8-) motocross looking GS off-road riding boots for both?

:tab Hey, if you have money burning a hole in your pocket, get both ;-) It's one of those spend more now to save more later things, hehe. If you spend less now and get one pair of boots, you'll be replacing them sooner if you use them offroad. If you spend more now and get both pairs, or a more expensive dual purpose boot, the boots will last longer. Since I wear my boots as a daily wear, I need it do look decent and not like an actual motorcycle boot. So I will probably spring for a mid range set of MX boots.

Adios,

Jack Giesecke said:
http://www.newenough.com/joe_rocket_revolution_boot_page.htm

These are apparently the successors to the "rhino" boots. A little higher, but I like the plain, unassuming look and I'm very into waterproof boots cause I get caught in the rain all the time.

I give these a thumbs up after about two years of use. They are tight in the calf when wearing heavy leather pants tucked in. I think they are designed for pants over them (street style). I'm 5'10 165lbs and don't consider myself to have large calfs. Very comfortable and waterproof. Just rode thru' those drenching low water crossings a couple of weeks ago on 337, not a drip.

Greg said:
I've just started my hunt for some riding boots. Looking for some guidance in what type I should consider....make, style, etc. I currently ride an SV1000S. My riding will never take me to the track, but I enjoy tackling any road at any pace. Looking for comfort and style with it not denting the wallet. Advise your thoughts - thanks.

Hey Greg, I just bought some SIDI boots, and really love them. They are very comfy, give a good fit, not too tight, and not too loose, and look good as well. Ill go and try and find the actual model #, I know they were around $250, but well worth it in my opinion :-)

Went ahead and got the Sidi Strada Tepors last week. After a short ride on Saturday, they already fit wonderfully, I'm optimistic these'll be Very Nice over the new few 10 kmiles...

Still, I'll kind of miss my Triumph boots, they were pretty good, too. I just wanted more ankle/shin protection, in addition to waterproof-ed-ness...

If ya want to check out waterproof boots, I read a test that seemed pretty conclusive. The sidi sympatex won it, high pressure car wash test, and 24 hour submerge in a bathtub test. :)

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/accessoriesandgear/WPBoots/

I think triumph boots were second.

I've been wearing a pair of regular old Red Wing boots like I wore working construvtion jobs, I think I'll be picking up a pair of the Sidi's myself.

I went to LS BMW and bought the Triumph Expedition boots (See Diane). They are tall leather uppers, Impatex (sp?) breathable waterproof membrane with an inlayed rubber patch for the shifter spot atop of the foot. It has laces and a velcro covering flap. They are very comfortable. I wore them all day long each day during our trip to New Mexico and Colorado this past week. The lacing part is both good and bad. It was inconvenient to tighten and loosen the lacing each time, but the lacing provides more control on how tight or loose the fit is.

The Sidi's are probably lighter but also ran around $260 while I was able to pick up the Expeditions for around $180.

I wear the Alpinestars SM-X Goretex boots. More miles that I can count and FULLY waterproof. And I've been in some serious ****. Rain storms follow me without fail. (I hope that's not a reflection on my personality. :-( )

Durable, engine heat resistant, comfy, very good ankle protection and support and resistant to cold winds. Rebuildable too. Added bene: you can look like Ricky racer too. I raced with these boots for a full season. They are full featured enough to do so. Will never compete with a Sidi Vertebrae or Alpinestars GP plus but then again, neither of those are Fully waterproof.

I'd buy another pair next time around.

I bought my Sidi Champion Boots at Moto-Liberty in Dallas for $180. Richard at Lone Star BMW/Triumph recommended for me to try Moto-Liberty since they were out of my size and he said that Sidi's were backordered and he could not guarantee when they would come in (I wanted them for the ST.N National trip in June). Moto-Liberty had a few hundred pair of different Sidi models in stock. I was able to try on every size up and down from the ones that I bought to make sure that I had the best fit.

I have been happy with them and they are comfortable. I did get some water in them when I came back from OKC, but I was wearing mesh pants and didn't pull them out of the boots when I hit the rain. So the rain was running down my pants into the boots :-(

Back