• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pics of the ZX 11

WarrenW

My Email is Dead!
Reaction score
Finally got around to taking pictures of the new bike.

bike.jpg

bike1.jpg

:tab Hehe... yeah, that is definitely a missle bike. In it's day it was King of the road!! It's still no slouch! It has been a popular touring bike as well. Big power for the long boring stuff and decent handling for the fun stuff. Can you see the blinkers on the new bike Warren? :-P

Adios,

I joined that site the day after picking the bike up.

Yea the blinkers are like spot lights on the thing. Its a 98 with just over 21K miles on it. I got it for $3000 and it had blown fork seals and needed a new front tire badly. Took care of all that and then Patrick flipped the esentric (how ever you spell that) chain adjusters over which raised the ride height in the back. Made a huge diffrence in the handling. Just need to get new front brakes (the ones on it are the ones that were there when the fork oil was blown) so it dont like to stop yet. Should get that fixed up next week along with a new chain. Now just need to get out and let her stretch her legs a bit. She rides a lot like my VFR did but with much more motor.

Funny thing is on the insurance it is classified as a touring bike. Someone told me that if a bike had a glove box it qualified as a touring bike. well this thing does have a glove box. just big enough to put the insurance papers in.

cool!

**** sweet bike! I owned a 1993 ZX11 D1 for 7 years. Sold it to get a 99 ZRX1100. Sold the ZRX because...I'm stupid I guess. Now I have the V65 which I'm waiting on parts for. See my other post for details.

Yeah the ZX11 was and still is the King. It was the fastest, quickest bike off the showroom floor for a loooooong time. Then the Blackbird came out but barely...if at all..outdid it performance wise. The Honda does handle better. Then the Hayabusa came out and really upped the ante.

I was looking for another used ZX11 but I happened upon the V65 Magna for a killer price and I've always wanted one since they came out. Figured I had a ZX11..been there done that, time for something different.
I still want one again though!

Be carefull messing around with the eccentrics. I heard it can cause the bike to enter a tank-slapper at speed. Not good. Research it on the forum posted in an earlier post above.

Back