TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Specialty Topic Forums > Dealerships, Local Shop and Aftermarket Vendor Reviews

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 04-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
Cherrybark

Location: Four miles west of the 4-way stop in downtown Flint, Texas
Recommend E Texas Yamaha Dealer?

We escaped Houston to settle in Tyler a couple of years ago. It's been years since I had a bike and, yes, a Motorcycle Safety Course is on the agenda. I'm newly retired with lots of free time to enjoy the FM roads of East Texas. Does anyone have a favorite Yamaha dealer in the Tyler - Longview - Marshall area?

There were some negative comments about the local Tyler dealer several years back. Anyone know if this shop is under a new owner or is doing a good job supporting customers?

Carl
Cherrybark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #2
pub610

Re: Recommend E Texas Yamaha Dealer?

I like the Longview guys a lot. I've bought from twice. They provide service; my wife even takes her Kawi Z750 there, now that they've taken her favorite mechanic from the Kawasaki shop.
Others on the forum might be better suited to talk about the Broadway (Tyler) guys.
'07 FJR -- adopted by a nice family in Boston.
'05 FJR 1300 (the Secretariat of the sport touring world -- except for the hair and the hooves and ...) gone
'99 Concours "Bugly" (We'll still love her, but we'll miss her)
'05 VStar Silverado (gone, but not forgotten)
pub610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
LostinTexas

Broadway is about as good as any Yamaha dealer I have had dealings with. I will have to say they have improved a lot since they moved locations. I don't know if it is a real improvement, or just seems like it. I also can't say if there was any management or ownership changes.
Be warned, my standards aren't that high and I ride a Honda now. I did love my Venture though.

"Some people go their entire life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem."--Ronald Reagan
LostinTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #4
dutchinterceptor

I personally wouldn't take anything to B'way Yamaha for repairs unless it was absolutely necessary and even then I'd probably head to Longview. Their customer service has been quite poor in the past.

I forget his name but their regular parts guy is exceptional and will work with you on pricing. They do have a good selection of accessory items.

I can't vouch for the sales team but I suspect it's typical of most dealerships.

dutchinterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
Kidder

I bought my Super Tenere from the dealer in Longview. We worked the deal via email and it was as hassle-free as a transaction could be. It only took about 30 minutes from the time I walked into the dealership to when I was riding away. Thumbs up! If you need a contact there, let me know.
"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go up against a Sicilian when death is on the line!" - Vizzini
Kidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
Cherrybark

Thanks for the feedback on the Longview dealer. It's just a short drive down I-20 and there's always time to swing by Johnny Cace's or Dudley's for seafood on the way home.

I would certainly appreciate a contact at the dealer and will mention their good reputation on TWT.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
pub610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrybark View Post
Thanks for the feedback on the Longview dealer. It's just a short drive down I-20 and there's always time to swing by Johnny Cace's or Dudley's for seafood on the way home.

I would certainly appreciate a contact at the dealer and will mention their good reputation on TWT.
Service manager is named John; store manager is named Jerry. (They don't know about TWT over there, though... they call me Bill Woodall instead of Pub610.)
'07 FJR -- adopted by a nice family in Boston.
'05 FJR 1300 (the Secretariat of the sport touring world -- except for the hair and the hooves and ...) gone
'99 Concours "Bugly" (We'll still love her, but we'll miss her)
'05 VStar Silverado (gone, but not forgotten)
pub610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #8
Kidder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pub610 View Post
Service manager is named John; store manager is named Jerry. (They don't know about TWT over there, though... they call me Bill Woodall instead of Pub610.)
I worked with Jerry Wilson.
"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go up against a Sicilian when death is on the line!" - Vizzini
Kidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #9
Cherrybark

Thanks again guys. Very helpful to have a contact.