• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2013 F800GS

Reaction score
Sold!

~12300 miles. GS in good condition.

Puig touring screen
Pivot Pegz
Altrider crash bars, skid plate, head light protector and top rack.
Foldable brake and shift lever
Handlebar guards and Rox risers
Leo Vince exhaust
Wolfman luggage rack
Sargeant enduro seat
New steel sprockets and chain
K&N air filter
Touratech side stand enlarger

bike_2_zpsr3chcek4.jpg

bike_4_zpsn9uyihoi.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 2013 F800GS Military Green

Good looking scooter.

Any chance you would be interested in trade and some cash? I got almost brand new KLR650, 2015, 1000 miles. I just need something with more power.

Any chance you would be interested in trade and some cash? I got almost brand new KLR650, 2015, 1000 miles. I just need something with more power.

Sorry man, just looking to sell for now. I really don't have time to ride nowadays. You should consider having both a GS and a KLR though, one for the really hard trails and one for adventuring.

I like it. But I'm broke.

Keep it. I'm glad I kept my bike when we had our kid. It didn't get ridden nearly as much as I'd have liked, but there were occasions for me to sneak out for a bit and those rides were amazing, even if I didn't go anywhere or do anything or ride very long. Some saddle time helps with the stress.

Then, things start getting easier, and you start having a little more time here and there to get out and you'll be glad to have it in the garage.

Unless you need the money....and trust me, you need the money. Kids are expensive! That said, it's unlikely you'll still have the money you got for selling it when you want to ride again.

Good luck, if I could swing it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Keep it. I'm glad I kept my bike when we had our kid. It didn't get ridden nearly as much as I'd have liked, but there were occasions for me to sneak out for a bit and those rides were amazing, even if I didn't go anywhere or do anything or ride very long. Some saddle time helps with the stress.

Then, things start getting easier, and you start having a little more time here and there to get out and you'll be glad to have it in the garage.

Unless you need the money....and trust me, you need the money. Kids are expensive! That said, it's unlikely you'll still have the money you got for selling it when you want to ride again.

Good luck, if I could swing it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Totally agree. Even short rides were VERY good for my sanity in those early years... Actually, who am I kidding? They are STILL VERY GOOD for my sanity!! The best part now is that my two oldest are able to ride with me. The third is getting close... But, like he said, if you need the money then you need the money and the kids have gotta come first for sure :zen:

I do love that green on it though :thumb:

True. I will keep it for as long as I can. If I had wanted it gone, it would have been gone by now.

:tab Well... I did "try" to sell a few bikes when we first started having kids... Of course, I didn't budge on my price :trust: So they stayed around for a while longer until I really did have to let them go.

:tab My wife understands now that I NEED to ride occasionally and she will sometimes suggest that I probably ought to take one of the kids out for a ride. That is her subtle way of telling me I am getting stressed or cranky... :-P When it gets real bad, she's like, "Isn't there a rally or something coming up that you were wanting to do...?" I don't have to be told twice :mrgreen:

Put the bike on consignment at TJ's yesterday. Alternatively, I am hitting the gym or going on runs to keep the stress at bay. Not the same but does the job.

I have updated the price to $7500.

Bike is located at,
TJ's Cycles
2535 Ridgepoint Drive Ste 300
Austin, TX 78754

Thanks for looking.

-dsdilettante

Quite tempting. Not sure it's the right time for me or the right bike, but tempting.

WOW, I can't believe this one and the Tiger aren't sold yet. I wonder if this is a sign the adv segment is slowing finally?

I sometimes can't either. It may not be the ideal Adv market since there is little public land to ride on around the Austin area.

Back