• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - 2/25/17 - Backyard Bistro + 2 day ride option

Re: Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - 2/18/17 - Backyard Bistro + 2 day ride option

Yeah, thinking about push back one week, more later...

Well I went to doc today and have inner ear infection!
So if it next week I will be able make it. If not the I will take the route and it alone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sander, good decision. water crossings that rise surprisingly quick and motorcycles just don't mix well!

Next weekend is good for me.

Re: Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - 2/18/17 - Backyard Bistro + 2 day ride option

Menard County RV Park

About

Full Hook-up RV Park nestled among mature pecan trees beside the San Saba River. We offer multiple types of hook-up sites, camping, fishing, pitch a tent right beside the river! We have male/female designated bathrooms and showers available on site!

ADDITIONAL CONTACT INFO

menardcountyrvpark@gmail.com

http://www.menardcountyrvpark.com/

https://www.facebook.com/menardRVpa...592","event_type":"clicked_view_page_about"}}

Yes they have primitively showers hit and cold running water
Tent camping 6 dollars
If want electric 10 dollars
Tent camping by the river or on top there is one table on the bottom by river boat ramp other tables up top which is where the bathroom showers are

Hambone and I are trailering to Bandera now. On bikes 10ish if anyone wants to catch up today or Saturday.

One other person and I are still going to do the Saturday ride---but we're just going about half way out and then doubling back.

My idiot FIL is coming in to town this weekend, so I am outta here rain or shine. I am up for a ride (and overnight camp). Any of you riding: post up start location and time.

I'm thinking on a 270 mile loop Bandera-Junction-CampWood. Has a little dirt, big bike friendly.

Attachments

• Junction loop.jpg
    Junction loop.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 227
Hambone and I are trailering to Bandera now. On bikes 10ish if anyone wants to catch up today or Saturday.

I got a one-day pass from family duty on Saturday, so am still planning to be in Pipe Creek at approx 9AM, maybe a bit later as I'm riding down from N Austin.

Good dates for me! Wish I was close enough to make a one-day ride but that just won't work from this distance. :doh:

I might be at breakfast tomorrow at the Bistro, it depends on how road worthy my new to me used bike I pick up tonight is.

I didn't buy the bike, rust in the gas tank. And I already started some extra work on the DR so no riding for me tomorrow.

I'll be ready for next week though.

Re: Adventure Breakfast - Sat 2/18/17 @ 9AM - Backyard Bistro in Pipe Creek & 2 day r

You are now on the list!

I won't make it tomorrow... the wife suggested an alternate plan after the questions about the weather came up and the alternate date for the ride was floated...

Will try to join on the rain date 25th

The WX looks to be vastly improving.
Team 250 going both days?
Trying to decide... :doh:

This caught me off guard....didn't check thread last night. Team 250 is down to me and I'm headed for the Bistro soon. Probably just going to do one dayer with someone. Dang. Checked Wunderground again, not near as bad as originally forecast. But I think it is still just a one day ride for me.

Last edited:
The WX looks to be vastly improving.

Team 250 going both days?

Trying to decide... :doh:

I had big plans to ride this weekend with Sidewinders but wife and I came down with colds.Maybe Nxt weekend with Rockhouse riders!

Darn, I ain't gonna' be open for the new ride date.

Back