• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who's ready for MOTOGP ?

Dao

Reaction score
I went last yr, even rode the parade lap on both days.
I'm on the fence this yr....post up some pics of MOTOGP @ COTA!
here's mine
image.jpg

Me,me,me'

I didn't know about the lap. How much was it? Would love to ride the track .

I'm planning on going. I went the first year, but haven't been back. Time for another fix.
Go Ducati!

Me,me,me'

I didn't know about the lap. How much was it? Would love to ride the track .

I got in through Ride Smart, a company that does m/c training on the track.
you can check with them. and check your ticket package, b/c I hear the parade lap is also included w/ 3 day pass.

Here's a pic of what it looks like to reach the finish line.
Is that freakin' cool beans or what!
World Class track ain't hype, COTA lives up to that name!
20160408_180411_1_Copy.jpg

Also, if you guys are coming in on Thursday, don't miss the open house from all the motorcycle shops around Austin - ESPECIALLY DUCATI AUSTIN!!! Food, drinks, booze, all free.
image.jpg

And autograph signing, face to face schmoozing w/ them fast boys
image.jpg

I'm interested in going if I'm in town, but I'll likely go Saturday if I do go. My Step-Dad has a streaming pass for the season, and we'll watch the race that way I think. Also have to decide between this and an adventure ride, so we'll see.

I am ready! In the past I worked the track, flagging, but this year I'm going to watch on a GA ticket if they still sell them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess I better buy ticket one of these days. Going GA myself. Friday/Saturday are my photography days. Race day will be for watching.

This is my 3rd year, I go full snotty, in the paddock building, bus to and from track, hotel. They feed me and fill me with drink as well.

lDn8CCQQ2T5KuHDj9bUDeV_9vKirJnp9rWWQ_c1QqaKn95rUnsmvHnBem9yRuNB2mkMIEXjaUEyL6pIrX3H6lbNCk0st4P4Vc1NtIo5FW43vZKUToMmkBL0glYBdznMomFUZWpUSNQ8Ynz7_bwhw7CTUZNjbAiqCYLSlFOU6MTiAZgLVkbfqaAJ3bXWbhU5eVE46xlBV1XcMc0mwUCNhyAoCsSsr4rYjAWtvx-zBl2V5poGRt7EWF6rXj8LWeIJbaTTT2golmU2_lW46Md36asayjpcX9GHJcHQWXFmz5qkCJZszoVpm_dBoCHqpYqFTQSdXJ5E87ig3q9kPvuiHP5Ho6Gf4D8lDi8gZD7EuzQ6ZF4XF9KyreEDXlN_QwZMs90uP81KOnXCZgQEQx5CJxMViKqQEEowq7cfSEZLYR4illeTHSvRD9J9JaJ9lxunIMeUmlda6xATbh6jUkNcLajN0kpSohWR9gtzuoR0t1LBiSzlH2b_uSS4G7XQHcEI3gqOMDYbPQKtdV4PZADcw_KsiOo-S9V5sRCIB1R_Q4I7AsyJJj8alUfcpiNULG7RVFkmF5xjoMTuvJ2mCIYKb6Zr-R461SFSrSFBBGs_-PpTD0MhRoTHW=w546-h968-no

Getting to hang with my baby girl makes it all worth while for this Dad

GIObhg38XPFFsfWc91aJX6CUwxX-VpiYxh0_PoKtdvAIHL1vaPksO9H0Jjb1PK6XJvCZ5aTK1KXntZq5Zb3wuhGwcgzRVBl-V4Kn_JmW4fjpcAHKDmrCgOhbYtZ8i5CNxDTwixN0zan5rv3Yff66DQmsftdKjDtsFLYc9flct2npR3Pn9N8iQqX7uSVJKtvvWOkXVzs-q9sCybbIAq6ELJVtkhRUe2Mw_w4FyTkf2E-i73J-e-Ua_i6TeQqK9lrmNbf1tuJbgFotzLW8NQ-MoiUtjTsMaqTnK6xHHnjOlPhYXE4K94ZKxe0dwH7WZnmoaAAaRRK33HO5-JVto0p9Pm2lSoTxD5j8U36ksj6Cwt44wvFidc_Je6wIVXl4HB97PQLoSg37e46ZRmPYlIaJeb9tXBI2gKiBSeKQ6QFYNquICTgWdBlN93cUEQB76eKfHlkWaW8GHFpGGcLpMpL3NC9w-G6XeUtm8CD5OY8E8qGZoYcwGSMGFEQ2m1caF5f4yz8K0n0NmyfpwCUp36jXuRcFCYZ4TSIaLYPAwteyt-twdrxhEtboVQd9u5okLsVg3OAo_rb5S1i9olMA5Ew_ACvyeHTQleeUvrFt9tDneHD3XGMKxUfe=w546-h968-no

For those of you riding to the track, there will be a couple of Christian Motorcycle Association (CMA) tents for the free storage of your gear. The signs in the past said Gear Check, so some people assume it was a security check, it is not. The signs also did not mention it is free, it is. Just make sure to come back after the last race to get your gear, don't wait till after the concert, if there is one.

For those of you riding to the track, there will be a couple of Christian Motorcycle Association (CMA) tents for the free storage of your gear. The signs in the past said Gear Check, so some people assume it was a security check, it is not. The signs also did not mention it is free, it is. Just make sure to come back after the last race to get your gear, don't wait till after the concert, if there is one.

Mighty nice of you folks.

Not sure if I'll make it, I went the first year. Trying for RedBull pass if that doesn't pan out maybe GA. If time permits.

Oh,...last yr, COTA hosted an AMA FLAT TRACK RACE - nighttime racing!

My 1st flat track event, unbelievable skills displayed. Nothing like it.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Hope COTA puts it on again this yr. YUGE success

Me and the wife are coming down for our first MotoGP race. We're doing all three days at turn 15. Looking forward to it. Just a month away!

It's 34 degrees and snowing right now. Time for some warm sunshine!

Heinz

I was in Valencia, Spain few years back. Have never saw so many bikes in one place.
And paella with beer was actually good, without a sky-high price.

Me and the wife are coming down for our first MotoGP race. We're doing all three days at turn 15. Looking forward to it. Just a month away!

It's 34 degrees and snowing right now. Time for some warm sunshine!

Heinz

Welcome to Austin!

Come night time, If you can make it to downtown austin, stop on by the motorcycle show on E. 4th st., maybe 5th st.
When I went, it was free to go inside, look at all the custom bikes by builders in TX. OPEN BAR inside the warehouse. This place rocks! They party it up til 2am.. Bikers get free parking, reserved up front, along both sides of the street.

https://revivalcycles.com/pages/about-the-handbuilt-motorcycle-show

AF1 Racing will have a MotoGP Party
9900 N INTERSTATE 35, Austin, TX

Friday, April 21, 2017 7:00 PM (Come early!)
Free BBQ
Free Drinks
Music
Raffles
Aprilia Paddock Girls

Back