• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

May Pie Run Campout

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Squires
May 26-28, 2017

Yes May seems like it is a LONG time from now, BUT the pie run for May happens to be on Memorial Day weekend so that means campsites will fill quickly.

The pie run for this month (unless Leon switches things), is in the town of San Augustine on May 27.

We have booked a site at Mill Creek Park, Sam Rayburn Reservoir of that Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights (May 26, 27 and 28). This is a Corp of Engr park.

We have booked site #55,a and at the time I made this reservation there were several sites nearby or next to ours. BUT THESE SITES WONT LAST LONG!

I know, I know. Most of us barely know what we are doing 2 days from now, much less 2 months from now, but giving this is Memorial Day weekend, this as all parks in the area are sure to fill up. If you think you have a chance of wanting to come, go ahead and make a reservation and if the situation changes you can cancel and it will only cost you $10 if you cancel 3 days prior.

This being a Corp of Engr park means that if one has a senior pass, the site is only $13 a night ($26 for the regular folk). So if you want to share a site and are not old enough for a senior pass, this would be a good time to make friends with an old person. Lord knows old people need all the friends they can get in their twilight years.

Reminder: Corp of Engr parks do limit 2 sleeping units per site (2 tents or 1 tent and 1 RV per site). Excess of 2 vehicles per site may incur an extra fee

Act now before this park fills up - if plans change, you can cancel.

Make reservations at this site
https://www.recreation.gov/camping/...oundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=71294

SO WHAT SAY YOU?

WHO'S ON FIRST

FRIDAY
.....SITE 48
..........Shovel and the Head Nurse (popup)
.....SITE 52
..........Ouroboros (tent)
.....SITE 54
..........WhiskeySmith (tent)
..........Neet2Tour (tent)
.....SITE 55
..........Beemerless, Thee Saint and the Great White Hunter - big aluminum tent
.....SITE 83
..........Dahveed (tent)

SATURDAY
.....SITE 48
..........SpiritAtBay (tent)
.....SITE 54
.....SITE 55
.....SITE 83
.........Downs and family (tent)
.........Dahveed (tent)

SUNDAY
.....SITE 48
..........SpiritAtBay (tent)
.....SITE 54
.....SITE 55
.....SITE 83
.........Downs and family (tent)
.........Dahveed (tent)

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads-up Bob. I've got site 54, A reserved for Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights.

Last edited:
Count me in I knwo for sure I have a 3 day (Sat-sun-mon) weekend that weekend.

I'm not seeing mill creek park on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found it. Had to search sam Rayburn first then select mill creek recreation.gov is a typical government website. In other words crappy. But oh well.

Reserved site 83. That's the closest one I could find. Looking on google maps satellite view there's a small field that separates the sites so we should be close enough for social purposes. I was hoping to get 56 so we would have easy lake access but it's been reserved already.

I reserved site 83 for Fri, Sat, and Sunday. I probably won't be able to make it out Friday night so I need someone who wants to show up on friday to volunteer to grab the site. I can add your name to the reservation and you can check into the site on Friday.

I reserved site 83 for Fri, Sat, and Sunday. I probably won't be able to make it out Friday night so I need someone who wants to show up on friday to volunteer to grab the site. I can add your name to the reservation and you can check into the site on Friday.

I'll do it. Two tents are allowed per camp site. I'll split the cost with you.

Sounds good PM me your full name and I'll update the reservation.

me and Clingon will be on A48 for the 3 days. With the Harley and pop up camper.
And Moonshine.:eek2:

me and Clingon will be on A48 for the 3 days. With the Harley and pop up camper.
And Moonshine.:eek2:
Excellent. I have a present for you since you made it to Canada and I did not.

41TFhtfgotL._AC_US218_.jpg

Where is the logister? Near the injectors? Or part of the ignition system maybe. I dunno, sounds expensive.

TTT!
Forgot about this thread, will put it in the pie run thread when I get home.

Will be there Saturday. Wife and kiddo will be tagging along. I'm probably going to ride out ahead of them for the actual pie run lunch then spend sat and sun in the park camping then head home monday morning first thing.

Back