• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy! Dallasite here

c7j6y1

Reaction score
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Names Cory, New to the site, so I thought I should do the intro thingamabob.

I'm 34, 6-3 220, enjoy long walks on the beach, a nice dinner...

oh wait.. wrong profile...

I just picked up a 01- Kawasaki KZ1000P with 78000 miles on the odo. Runs great. Needs a tiny bit of TLC but nothing thats keeping me off of it. Needs a set of tires, but meh...

Its a fun ride, plenty of power and for some odd reason not too many people like to pass me on the highway.. i wonder why...:twisted::twisted:

I dont ride very much right now, i'm not technically legal in that I dont have the M endorsement anymore, but its coming back soon enough.

but thats about it from me, hope ya'll are having a good day!

Cory

Attachments

• 20170425_125335[2].jpg
    20170425_125335[2].jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 20170425_125348[1].jpg
    20170425_125348[1].jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 20170425_125405[1].jpg
    20170425_125405[1].jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, Cory! We need more riders with a sense of humor! ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

i have a slightly twisted sense of humor...

fair warning P.C. is not really my strong point... LOL :)

I am a bit north of Dallas in the McKinney area, let me know if you need help with anything electrical or mechanical on the bike. I have a well stocked garage and am always ready to help any TWTer.. Welcome to the club, they are a really great bunch on here!!

Gary

Appreciate the offer. I'm gonna have to get some of the basic stuff done around the deep Ellum area first (it's where I keep the motor) I don't really trust the old tires on the highway. Really squirrelly above 50mph.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Greetings and salutations all.

now if only the metrosexual millennial on the vespa i passed this afternoon would have been as friendly.

i do the "motorcycle wave" and got a bird in return...

jerk

i guess those nuthugger skinny jeans affects your politeness...

I almost turned around on him.. a vespa is NOT outrunning a KZ1000p...

Looks like a bike my step dad (Onecan) brought back from Ft. Worth years ago. It was sleeting for the return trip so he wrapped his legs in garbage bags. It took a long time to get the melted plastic off the bike! Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My work is near main and peak... So kinda lakewood, kinda deep Ellum

Welcome. You are not PC and hate nuthugger jeans? Oh the humanity......

I work downtown and frequent Angry Dog on occasion. I also frequent Tommy's Terrific Car Wash on Ross a couple times a week. PM me if you want to meet to talk about cycles and non PC stuff. :doh:

Last edited:
Love those KZ1000 police bikes. I'm in North Oak Cliff. Work in Garland. Hope to see ya around.

I've really enjoyed it so far... managed to make my first tank last me a whole 79 miles :twisted::twisted:

i'm gonna have to do something about the Buzz at 4k which happens at 70mph.. grr

Good to see another airlifter. My history is 141A's and H2's.

141's?! man i'm sorry

at least you eventually got over to the dark & dirty side

not to offend, but eh, I'm new.

but jet crews sucked and blew their way around the world

but prop crews screwed their way around the world

I did Avation Life Support on C-130s while I was in the Marine Corps. Loved every second I got to work on that aircraft. Took me all over the world. Low and slow.

Sounds like we're gonna have to start an aviators subgroup here

On a related note, I remember carrying a hold full of USMC diesel Kawasaki dirtbikes and side by sides... a motocycle that's happy drinking JP8? Yes PLEASE!

I remember when those first started to come online. Camp Johnson (north carolina) had a slew load of them. I was stationed on New River at the time. This was 07ish time frame.

I did Avation Life Support on C-130s while I was in the Marine Corps. Loved every second I got to work on that aircraft. Took me all over the world. Low and slow.

And in another half century or so, they might finally manage to fully replace it.

You cant replace the MIGHTY HERCULES!

BLASPHEMY

EVIL words have been spoken!

SHAME!
db2f7295e62a3109062873332f02a7dc.jpg
2f9d5ffac357ae7e875078fbd5d560f7.jpg

They'll just keep upgrading it for a long time to come. The J models are brand new airframes so I don't see them going anywhere for a long time. There are still T and H models flying around in military service.

Earlier models are still operating as fire fighting aircraft.

It's not like a fighter aircraft that has to constantly keep pace with other fighter aircraft. It's just got to carry cargo and do so reliability. The mighty Battleherk has that in spades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back