• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Great Divide Ride: June 10 - 16, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
KLR 650 - the jeep of the moto world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goyko, replace that 'if' with 'when'......

Hello riders -- keen to hear what folks will be riding on this CDR adventure.

Specifically interested to hear what big bikes are going (i.e. 1200GS, 1190/1290 KTMs, Super Tenere, etc).

So what's your ride for this trip?
F800Gs

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

I am on a 1200GS. I agree with Phil and will end up riding somewhere, but I am not setup to camp in snowy conditions, but keeping an open mind.

Collin

JQ1.0 and I will be looking for somebody to ride with starting the second day, since we are doing something different on the first day. We'll be at breakfast for day two, hopefully meet up with a medium pace group (that's taking the harder dirt sections) then.

Ok. Sounds good. Thanks.

Looking for finals for trip to Silver City - Bro-in-law (Brett) and I are heading out on June 8th from Southlake. We got hall passes and have realized that that kickstands up in Silver City is on the 11th, not the 10th. So, we have all day the 8th, 9th, and 10th to get to Silver City. We were thinking about camping at Carlsbad and then heading over, but with the extra time, who knows. Who else is leaving on the 8th from that area?

I am leaving from Colleyville on the 8th. I have a 3pm business meeting in Olney. So i will probably make it somewhere in west TX and camp thursday night. No other plans after that......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will be on 16 Tenere and my buddy will be on a 12 Triumph Tiger Explorer. We are riding to Artesia NM on Friday, then into Silver City on Saturday.

OK - so looks like Brett and I are still leaving on the 8th. The plan is to leave Southlake around 8am and camp in Carlsbad. Then on the 9th we will head to Queen, NM and pick up the route that Anthony (Snuggs0802) had taken. Our plan would be to stop in Cloudcroft the afternoon of the 9th and then into Silver City on the 10th.

OK - so looks like Brett and I are still leaving on the 8th. The plan is to leave Southlake around 8am and camp in Carlsbad. Then on the 9th we will head to Queen, NM and pick up the route that Anthony (Snuggs0802) had taken. Our plan would be to stop in Cloudcroft the afternoon of the 9th and then into Silver City on the 10th.

Nice plan ? Splitter.... I will be with JoToPe and dualsportrider... We have discussed making it to Cloudcroft on the 9th... It would be a long haul from DFW to there in one day but if the guys are up to it good chance we will cross paths on the afternoon of the 9th in Cloudcroft... :)

Hey Deersplitter, plan is to camp... Awesome place called Silver Campground... We stayed there last year... Really nice campground...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back