• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Help / suggestions from BWM RT owners?

Inlaw1

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
I'm taking a Europe tour end of Aug and will be riding a '16 or '17 RT1200. I want to mount my Garmin 276cx with a RAM mount and the tour operator / bike rental outfit will let me mount the unit to their bike, just can't damage anything. That shouldn't be too hard, I'm looking for something that will be easy on / off everyday and won't mar up the bike. Preferably a RAM ball mount. I already have the Garmin mount attached to a RAM arm, just need some kind of 1' ball base to mount somewhere on the RT. I was looking at a RAM mount that will mount to the clutch / brake lever but it appears they don't make one for the RT. So I'm considering a reservoir cover base.

Thought I'd see if those here with RT's might have some suggestions I could use. Any help is, of course, mucho appreciated.

A ball that mounts in place of one of the handle bar bolts is pretty simple.

TomTom-710-Halter_BMW_R1200RT_RAMMOUNT_MV-Kugel_%20Wypyrsczyk%20.jpg

Yea, I kind of like that idea. A little worried about it completely blocking the instruments though. But this is certainly an alternative to the resevoiur mount. Any idea which thread pitch would be used? 1.25 or 1.5?

A ball that mounts in place of one of the handle bar bolts is pretty simple.[/quote}

Yea, I kind of like that idea. A little worried about it completely blocking the instruments though. But this is certainly an alternative to the reservoir mount. Any idea which thread pitch would be used? 1.25 or 1.5?

Yea, I kind of like that idea. A little worried about it completely blocking the instruments though. But this is certainly an alternative to the reservoir mount. Any idea which thread pitch would be used? 1.25 or 1.5?

This comes with 1.25. I use it on my 2011 RT. Depending on how I orient the unit, it does or does not block the instruments.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005J43I56/?tag=twowhetex-20

Maybe visit the local BMW dealer and get a close look at the bike.

Back