• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HONDA XR650L OWNER'S SIGN IN

Colton and I had a great time. Thanks to Johnny for securing the cabin. Thanks to all for helping and coaching Colton. I need to get out there and explore some more of the ATV and 4X4 roads. That way we can string together some less technical routes for times when you want to take it a little easier.

I want in on the next one Guys! I'm down with rotator cuff from 7/7 surgery, but by cooler weather time, I hope to be back on the seat!

I'm down with rotator cuff from 7/7 surgery,

Looks like I'm not the only one with coordination issues. I tore 3 out of the 4 tendons and the doc said my bicep was the only thing holding my shoulder together. Have to wear this uber sling for 4 weeks. Upside is it ought to be cooler when I can get back on the bike. :thumb:

LOL! I got the sling too. When we get all healed up, we need to link up. I hope to be riding again by Novemberish. The sad part of this whole thing is that I wasnt even doing anything fun. I was holding a couch and I felt a pop. no pain, just couldnt reach across to get back on my bike. Picture when the coyote runs off the cliff wearing a rocket jet pack and roller skates. The rocket blows up, then question marks come out of the cloud, that was exactly what i felt like. LOL!

Just picked this beast up today. 2005 with only 2,600 miles on it. Nice little upgrade from my 250.

Attachments

• 20170812_151231.jpg
    20170812_151231.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 196
Just picked this beast up today. 2005 with only 2,600 miles on it. Nice little upgrade from my 250.

Looks and sounds like a good find. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it? Thinking about selling my 2006.

It was about $3600 from a dealer. The bike is in impeccable condition. Has an over sized tank, luggage rack, Henry/Reed bars & folding clutch and rear brake controls. All else seems to be bone stock from what I can tell.

The temptation was too strong. I finally pulled the trigger thanks to fellow TWTr KawRider and brought home a 2000 XR650L. First things first, I'm ordering new springs for front and rear from Cannon Racecraft. I'm way too excited to be in the XRL club :lol2:

Hey do any of you know of a dualsport rider who lives in Highlands Texas? when in Texas, I live in San Jacinto RV Park. Anyway, i passed an older gentleman. He had a GS sitting under the 5th wheel, but i never see it move. Thought maybe he didn't have anyone to ride withso thought i'd just ask the question. :rider:

Hey do any of you know of a dualsport rider who lives in Highlands Texas? when in Texas, I live in San Jacinto RV Park. Anyway, i passed an older gentleman. He had a GS sitting under the 5th wheel, but i never see it move. Thought maybe he didn't have anyone to ride withso thought i'd just ask the question. :rider:

Well it is a GS. Good chance it's in need of some repair before he can ride it. Lol Honestly though sounds like a good ice breaker question to meet a neighbor.

_

Yah, I think so too. Actually, you were the first person that I thought of SB. The guy even looks like you. LOL! I noticed the bike several times, but I hadn't stopped. I should be back out there 9/18, I think I'll stop in and meet him.

Back