• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Thanksgiving Gathering -Dec 1-3, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Squires
The annual (almost famous) Thanksgiving Gathering will be the fist weekend in December. We are doing it late this year so as not to interfere with everyone's family thanksgiving gatherings but before family Christmas events. Besides, any time is a good to to gather with friends and give thanks.

WHEN:
Camping starting Friday, Dec 1 and ending Sunday PM (Dec 3)

The traditional T'giving meal will be early afternoon in Dec 3. By the way, this weekend also coincides with the nearby city of Clifton's Norwegian festival and they will be have a Norwegian lunch on Saturday Dec 2. All are welcome to join us.

You can camp Friday and/or Saturday nights or just come for the meal.

WHERE:
557 Rivercrest Rd
Valley Mills, TX

FOOD TALK:
For Friday and Saturday evening meals:
I'm thinking of keeping the meals simple. I could just get some sausage, hot dogs and fixings for frito pie. Easy to cook and easy to eat while we sit around and watch the fire goddess try and burn the place down.​

For Saturday morning:
We will have biscuits and gravy, etc. A hot breakfast.​
Sunday morning:
sKatz may be bringing some Kolninghees but if you are not up for exotic food, there is a local donut place in town
that has good kolaches. We will have a large meal at lunch so we will not want to ruin your appetite.​

For Saturday lunch:
everyone is on their own. Some plan to go riding with Mr2Mch or JT and may end up at some of the eateries in the area. All the cool kids are going to the Norwegian Luncheon in Clifton.​

Sound OK? Any other thoughts, ideas?

Now for the BIG MEAL

I'm guessing by now everyone may be tired of turkey, so we are planning to change things up a bit this year.

Main course
TxTiger (Ron) is going to bring ham, pork butt and brisket.​
Sides.
It is no problem for us to go buy sides and deserts but some may want to bring their specialty dish and that makes it extra special but I will need to have an idea as to who is bringing what so that I know how much I need to buy.​

Here is what I know so far
Beemerless and Thee Saint
Baked Potatos and fixings
Mack & cheese​
Zephyr
Pinto beans and buttermilk cornbread​
duchess
Koffee Kup pie (I'm hoping for the black forest chocolate pie)
Green Eyes
Broccoli casserole
Cobbler​
WoodButcher (via Veronica)
Mighty fine deserts​

Is there anyone else that I missed? If you want to bring something let me know.
Don't worry if you are unable to bring anything. There will be plenty to eat and you can just make a donation to offset food cost. I REPEAT. THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF FOOD, come hungry
[/INDENT]

FACILITIES

CAMPING:

We have a little over three acres so there is plenty of room to tent camp. Just find a plot of land and call it home. I would avoid the cliff behind the house :-). Also, there is a lamp post in the front than comes on on night so unless you want a very bright night light, you might not want to camp there. Should be able to find enough trees for hammocks

Trailers. Trailers are welcome, but no hook ups, so you will need to be self contained. WARNING, the circular driveway is tight. I can barely get my 26' trailer around it without hitting a tree. If you can't make the turn, you may have to leave your trailer here, but that's OK because we are wanting a new trailer anyway. If you are bringing a trailer, please let me know before hand what time you are coming and how big your rig is so I can reserve a spot for you.

Electricity

We can prolly run some cords to supply some 15amp service. This should be enough to provide enough juice to run lights, CPAP's, charge phones, etc. BUT NO ELECTRIC HEATERS PLEASE, that will trip the circuits. If its cold, plan on using a propane heater, extra blankets or find someone to smuggle with.

Restrooms.

During the day, you may use bathrooms in the house or our RV (it has hookups), after 10, we have several non-gender specific trees available.

BODY COUNT

CAMPING:

FRIDAY (12/1)
BeemerlessBob,Thee Saint and Hunter the wonder dog
Brian & KK
Tango & Greeneyes
Zephyr
My6
4Jranch + 1
misterk
TX_northstar
sKatz
Dutchman + 1
shovel & Clingon
KamLeeR (AKA: Fire goddess two-sticks bossy country girl)
TXTUMBLEWEED
Downs
euromedic
TxTiger
JT & SpiritArBay
Total: 24​
SATURDAY (12/2)
Brian & KK
JT & SpiritArBay
Tango & Greeneyes
Zephyr
My6
TossingLead +2
TX_northstar
sKatz
Dutchman + 1
shovel & Clingon
kickstand-prophet + 1
Dahveed
TXTUMBLEWEED
Texasrider58
euromedic
TxTiger
Dahveed
Rick M
Hizzo3 + 1
Total: 30​
Sunday leftovers (AKA: Homeless bikers staying over) (12/3)
Brian & KK
My6
shovel & Clingon
TxTiger
TimeToRide + 1
Total: 10​

Saturday Norwegian Luncheon

BeemerlessBob & Thee Saint
Brian & KK
Zephyr
sKatz
Dutchman + 1
TX_northstar
shovel & Clingon
4Jranch + 1
Texasrider58
euromedic
TxTiger
Dahveed
Hizzo3 + 1
Total: 19​

SUNDAY MEAL

BeemerlessBob & Thee Saint
Brian & KK
TossinLead + 2
JT & SpiritAtBay
Zephyr
My6
Simmons1 + 1
Regena2017
Dutchman + 1
Duchess + 1
shovel & Clingon
kickstand-prophet + 1
Dahveed
Ron Stromer
TXTUMBLEWEED
Devientartist + 1
Mr2mch
Tango & Greeneyes
Texasrider58
TxTiger
TX_northstar
Rick M
Hardy Baker
WoodButcher + 1
TLRam1 + 1
TimeToRide + 1
Hizzo3 + 1
Total: 43​

Unconfirmed and maybes

Queen Bee
Total: 3​

Last edited:
I am soooo looking forward to it. Will be camping Friday and Saturday. 15 amps ok. Not sure if we can make the. Circle drive but will be fun trying.

Let us know what green eyes can bring

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

My6 and I are trying to clear our schedule so we can attend. Looking forward to it! Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I’m a strong maybe! Will look at the calendar closer when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The annual (almost famous) Thanksgiving Gathering will be the fist weekend in December. We are doing it late this year so as not to interfere with everyone's family thanksgiving gatherings but before family Christmas events. Besides, any time is a good to to gather with friends and give thanks.

WHEN:

Camping starting Friday, Dec 1 and ending Sunday PM (Dec 3)

The traditional T'giving meal will be early afternoon in Dec 3. By the way, this weekend also coincides with the nearby city of Clifton's Norwegian festival and they will be have a Norwegian lunch on Saturday Dec 2. All are welcome to join us.

You can camp Friday and/or Saturday nights or just come for the meal.

WHERE:

557 Rivercrest Rd
Valley Mills, TX

FOOD:

I'll put together something that that we can organize who is bringing what. If you are not able to bring something, that's fine. There will be plenty to eat and you can just make a donation to offset food cost. I REPEAT. THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF FOOD, come hungry

DETAILS

There are always details and I'll follow up later with details. I just wanted to put this out there for now so you will put it on your calendar

Thanks for the invitation! Hopefully we'll be there! :eat:

On the calendar. Prolly sat night only, but will letcha know if that should change.
Thanks Bob and Theresa- JT and I sure enjoyed this event last year.

On the calendar. Prolly sat night only, but will letcha know if that should change.
Thanks Bob and Theresa- JT and I sure enjoyed this event last year.

Thank you Theresa and Bob for inviting us again. We might trailer the little bikes Friday night after work or ride up Saturday. We will tent camp either way. :eat3:

Strong maybe for the weekend, but for sure there for dinner. Thanks Bob and Theresa!

Every year I have hopes of making this. Hoping to make it this time since I've failed all the previous years. I'm a maybe at this early point.

I'm in :)

Bringing beans and my buttermilk cornbread, with and without jalapenos.

Thanks Bob for the invitation. It'll be a another great TWT Thanksgiving.

Subbed will have to see what my shifts are like then. Will probably be able to make at least one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the way, this weekend also coincides with the nearby city of Clifton's Norwegian festival and they will be have a Norwegian lunch on Saturday Dec 2. All are welcome to join us.

Uff Da!

We're in for the festival too.

Just don’t eat the lutefisk. Trust me.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don't worry. The lutefisk is served at the festival in Cransfels Gap. No stinky lutefisk served at the Clifton event.

But for those that have never had Lutefisk, Cranfels Gap is nearby as well. We tried it once and once was enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back