• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Friday Night Ice Cream Bikes, 6:30 PM

I might have a little something for HEAR and tell. I was visiting the blacksmith shop Sunday and talking about how quiet my new bike was. Bjoern said he could fix that for me. I was pondering it and he threw his tool bag down and told me to take the exhaust off. So, I did and he cut the end off, pulled out the inner pipe, welded it back up and in about an hour, I had a beefier sound. Nothing crazy, but it sounds much better. I had to ride home with it unpainted, but I got some engine paint yesterday and it's painted all black again.:rider:

I suggested you remove the internals and you didn't want to do that. Glad Bjoern talked some sense into you...

What did you say I can't hear you over that loud and obnoxious little bike.

Hooligan!

I suggested you remove the internals and you didn't want to do that. Glad Bjoern talked some sense into you...

Haha, did you? I don't remember that. Maybe I was thinking at the time that I'd buy the aftermarket exhaust. I still may at some point, but for now I'm settling for modified stock.

Yep ... they'll burn your retinas

We are out. Still on the road.

bd0ffa0bece628b6d571d891b0cdc020.jpg
d8e677036a9757db1e6393ed26c2764c.jpg
498ed304ed04bb3333f62b5da4b13602.jpg
c84b779754036e37f67fe660e3384ed6.jpg
d2fdb6655c25c1eee2d7286d5b553a77.jpg

Well, I am still holding out hope to be there tonight but as of right now I am still at work.

Not going to happen for me tonight. Just got home, and it is far too late in the evening to be heading out that way.

This Mike is planning to be there, although I don't think I'm the one that counts as far as Jeff's question goes.

I would like to ask a favor of someone who has a Zumo 550 and/or mount. I bought a used one and found a mount for it. It works fine except it won't charge in the mount. I would appreciate it if someone who has a mount could bring it so I can see if mine will charge in yours. It might be interesting to see if yours would charge in mine as well. I would be greatly appreciative.

No, the Montana is different. Hook up wires? How do you do that?

This Mike is planning to be there, although I don't think I'm the one that counts as far as Jeff's question goes.

I would like to ask a favor of someone who has a Zumo 550 and/or mount. I bought a used one and found a mount for it. It works fine except it won't charge in the mount. I would appreciate it if someone who has a mount could bring it so I can see if mine will charge in yours. It might be interesting to see if yours would charge in mine as well. I would be greatly appreciative.

I have one but it is on the Wing and powered through an SAE connector.

I should be there tonight providing I get my budget review done.

Back