• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Roll The Bones Rally - October 13, 14 & 15, 2017

masterblaster

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Arrived at 7 set up RV at spot 14, bought the 690 and the 500 with me. Will see you all in the morning, need to find out the uncle Gus password for the wifi

I added one more route to the share drive to help riders get back from Mary's a little quicker. There isn't much difference in distance but it should save a decent amount of time. Chalk Mountain was cut which I don't like but if it's getting late and you have to get home then there isn't much choice.

Th new file is called: RTB8-RallyRaid_Route_Short.gpx
Download here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_-3tJ3fSi_TQWxweEEtSDAxbzg

Could someone give a little description on just what kind of riding to expect on the Half *** route?

I'm not seeing RTB8-RallyRaid_Route_Short.gpx uploaded to Google Drive. See all the originals.

I added one more route to the share drive to help riders get back from Mary's a little quicker. There isn't much difference in distance but it should save a decent amount of time. Chalk Mountain was cut which I don't like but if it's getting late and you have to get home then there isn't much choice.

Th new file is called: RTB8-RallyRaid_Route_Short.gpx
Download here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_-3tJ3fSi_TQWxweEEtSDAxbzg

I'm running a little behind... Complications loading a bike solo for the first time heh. Will registration still be open around 530? I didn't see the end time for that, just that it resumes at 3.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Also, I didn't get my GPS in time for this, and would be looking to tag along with a group for the Rally Raid, preferably one that is willing to deal with the fact that I'm not an expert off road, more like intermediate. I'm cool with trial by fire though, if you're willing to wait for me if I drop it :-)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Well it looks like we will have 2 barcaloungers this year. I found one on the side of the road a couple of months ago and have had it beside the barn. It will be up there Friday night ! ! !

Grisleyterror thats no problem look for Silverbullet on a Tenere he has a gps and is pretty good at leading a slower group.

Well it looks like we will have 2 barcaloungers this year. I found one on the side of the road a couple of months ago and have had it beside the barn. It will be up there Friday night ! ! !

I love that Dody and this TWT crowd has trained the group to think "Hey - I can burn that!" when driving by roadside furniture!

I sure wish I could join ya'll this weekend. Enjoy the perfect riding weather!

Roll The Bones Rally - October 13, 14 & 15, 2017

Awesomely day today, temp perfect last night .

Thanks Dody for organizing this rally.

Rich @simmons1 lead our little band of bikers today, we had 3 dct (automatic transmissions) 2 Africa twin and my nc,

466190ce78ef9c5390bea0d664cd913c.jpg

A little 2 track

96ab57282b18aed690115c7eb4f07e8a.jpg

Cody got a flat 4 miles from the end. Rich pulled out his Baja no pinch took, I think he sold about 8 units. Had the tire mounted in 45 seconds.

9c00caaffcad1dda5e05c0886e0c3164.jpg

My casa spot:

8191ffb9c89b543ea3dbe16ecf31c904.jpg

Overall ride today: 203 miles today, about 100 miles of dirt:

ec99cedfc880a4dccc8d8dc83a2f88d6.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Roll The Bones Rally - October 13, 14 & 15, 2017

Awesomely day today, temp perfect last night .

Thanks Dody for organizing this rally.

Glad ya'll had a good time today. The Little General wanted me to come ride it too, but I had too much going on this weekend. Maybe next time!!

Craig

My thanks to Doty and any and all that helped him put this on and helped with the chores. This was a great weekend.

I was pleased to see Doty, Brad Collins, Richard Gibbons, Robert E Lee and Aaron altogether in one place. All these folks are doing yeoman's work to put on events and make dual sporting possible for folks like me, but you don't often see them all at the same time.

I had a great group to ride with too. Simmons1 led and always seems to have to put up with me off his back wheel somewhere, and the others are just great folks to ride with. I'd ride with any of them any time they'd have me.

Lastly, how could you have a bad time with grislyterror around? Every time I saw her, she was lighting the place up with a big bright smile.

All and all, a great group of folks. I look forward to the next adventure.

Thanks Doty and the rest of the staff for organizing this ride. It was a great weekend in a part of the state I had not really spent much time in before. Thanks Richard Gibbons for leading our crew of John, Keith, Mark, me, and Waylon despite my attempts to get us lost. It was great to see old friends and to meet new ones. Good, good times. Dawn had a good time meeting folks and hanging out as well. I'm looking forward to Big Bend in March and Junction in May.

Special thanks to TXjames for creating the Rally Raid route, Great road selections, it surpassed my expectations. Looks like most people shortchanged themselves and cut the route short. I did the entire route solo in the opposite direction (don't ask, long story) and only crossed paths with a single KLR650.

I thank all who worked so hard to put RB rally on.
Had a great time!
Also thanks for rides and conversations with the JQ family & Brad.
I look forward to the next ride with TWT friends.

DR

Glad everyone had a great time, wish I could of been there, but riding this arm chair after the surgery is boring. First time I've missed, since I started with RTB3.

SilverBullet, I know you rode hard to get in the upper part of the raid in, because I know Tudor rd can be very entertaining after some of the locals have rerouted the path. Way to go.

Special thanks to TXjames for creating the Rally Raid route, Great road selections, it surpassed my expectations. Looks like most people shortchanged themselves and cut the route short. I did the entire route solo in the opposite direction (don't ask, long story) and only crossed paths with a single KLR650.
We rode the whole rally raid Saturday and never saw you.. I agree it was an awesome route

We rode the whole rally raid Saturday and never saw you.. I agree it was an awesome route
That's strange, I rode clockwise so we should've crossed paths. I also looked for bikes stopped when passing through those small town junctions. I didn't stop for lunch either. The KLR I saw was definitely not you and riding solo. That was ~1:30pm on CR107 near Reddy Mtn.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

I sure had a good time.....did the Dirty Raid on Friday with the Queen boys, (and Sara Bear). The Dirty Raid was fun to ride could have used a little more DIRTY. Did the sand clinic on Saturday morning, had about 100 people show up to ride!!!! OK had 10-15 and only one get off! Sold a few Rafael tickets Saturday evening, got a free T-shirt when Dodi Rolled the Bones. During the auction I bid on a few items but won a pair of Costa Sunglasses...for the wife...scored some heavy points when I got home!!!!! This was a good ride thanks to all that make it so.

Back